1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Jones is back people!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket2008, Feb 26, 2015.

1. bongman

bongman Member

Even if the title of the thread is ....is TJ black? He will find a way to oppose that. :)

2. basketballholic

I'll talk about him in this year's playoffs just as soon as they're over for this team. Hopefully for both of us that's in late June and I can talk about how badly I underrated his improvement. I say hopefully because I'd much rather win games and a championship as to be right on a point of discussion.

And hopefully I'm not right in underrating his improvement because if I am right then we will neither win a championship nor will you concede that you overrated him. You'll just point to next year again. And when he's 27 or 28 years old you'll still be talking about his potential and how good he could possibly the next year.

3. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Deep Thoughts, by Jack Hamjam:

Every time I skim through the garm I think this thread is titled "Terrence Jones is black people!", and then I laugh and laugh, because, wouldn't that be funny if the thread was entitled that?

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Not sure how the rockets not winning has to do with jones not improving enough

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So I overrated him according to you. All I said he was a 15-16 and 7-8 boards of a guy.

That is doable for him. Neither did I say this will be his career stats nor just for one season or for half a season.

However what I meant was at his best he is that kind of guy and he surely could surpass that easily if he can improve drastically.

Neither did I say on a championship team nor on a bottom seeder.

I put it vaguely because of the 'sky's the limit for him' approach.

At the end I am just happy to have watched him grow as a Rocket player.

He is the Robin to Anthony Davis' Batman in college. If you cannot get the main guy get his sidekick.

Cannot understand why you are focusing on him solely.

If you want to watch a better PF, watch Griffin and BTW there are tons of other players on the Rockets to talk about instead.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He could very well say Harden is not enough to win a championship. We'll better get the next Jordan. He will have a better chance at a championship.

:rolleyes:

7. basketballholic

I'm not focused on him. I'm focused on what it takes for this team to b ea champion.

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Too comical. You don't know what it takes to win a championship. If so you wouldn't be on here blogging about it. You'll be on some NBA team coaching.

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Daywalker02 he will find something else to talk about. Started off with Jones won't crack the 9 man rotation. Then he will never be a starter. Now we lost that series solely because of Jones. He will never be satisfied with Jones as long as he's here.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

only thing i need to know is rubio is not a winning pg.

11. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

T jones is back

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Even Josh Smith was saying "no...no...no...YES" on that one! LOL

Jones is awesome

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Another huge game for him today, played good defense on Griffin too when he was matched up with him.

15. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Harden should take him to the strip club after that 3

16. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

JVG sounded like Batman Jones. Lol

1 person likes this.
  17. Normalus

Normalus Member

He gets not enough credit, Ariza just stole all of the light from him. But to be fair, if not him, we'd had no chance to get a W. Good job TJ, great to have you back! Now just hope he can stay healthy and improve.

18. vator

vator Contributing Member

It's 50-50. Prove to me he is.

19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Exactly. He might not be black in the future. It has happened before. Therefore, unless he never changes, then I am right, it could happen, and it is a 50-50.
    Even if he is black, there was 50% chance he wasn't going to be, so I'm not wrong, it is just the way the odds fall.

Also, I suck.

20. HRox832

HRox832 Member

Jones has been stellar