1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Jones is back people!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket2008, Feb 26, 2015.

1. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

The development of both TJones and DMo by the Rockets has been spectacular.

Two guys at the same position competing for the same minutes and it has turned out that both have become legitimate NBA players. Well done Rockets.

2. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

I like that we have 2 PF's that can handle the ball, and take it down the court. Jones and Josh. It helps. So Harden can sprint alongside and get to a spot he wants to be on offense.

3. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

With Smith being an uncertainty to resign with us next year and Dwight's questionable health you almost have to keep both Dmo and Jones.

4. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

beat me to the punch

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He's doing the things I expected him to. It's what Aldridge, Griffin and Randolph used to do to him routinely that I'll be worried about until proven otherwise.

6. okeezie

okeezie Member

Why does everybody get scared of depth? They will all play. D Mo and Dwight are always in foul trouble anyway. Injuries happen. I'm am happy we will have 4 starting caliber bigs when Dwight comes back. That means nobody has to be over played and can go all out in their given minutes as well as we are foul trouble proof. In any given game whoever is playing the best stays in the game at the end and I don't see why that would be a problem. Consider this a non issue. Just be happy their is depth now.

7. okeezie

okeezie Member

And Aldridge is a matchup problem for everybody. Nobody can stop him. Find me somebody that can stop a 6'11 PF who shoots the ball over his head.

1 person likes this.
  8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

All I know is that T _ones will be traded if healthy.

Now that he is healthy, he is a goner!

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

I sure hope not, he is one of my favorite players.

10. SuraGotMadHops

11. bj83gc

bj83gc Member

p
    Josh did a good job at defending him in our last matchup. It seemed like Aldridge wasnt sure how to score against him and was only shooting long contested shots, he did make a few of them but thats the best anyone can do to him is make him take those type of shots and hope they dont go in.

12. bj83gc

bj83gc Member

ignore the "p" typo

13. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Durant is offended.

14. okeezie

okeezie Member

Aldridge hit a ton of long contested jumpers against us in the first 2 games. The guy was unconscious. He leveled off and we were able to make a series of it.

15. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

T. Jones is healthy and playing very solid on both ends of the court. Now we have 4 solid big men. Do any of you remember the days when we didn't have a low post threat. Lol now we have 4.

16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

3 years and counting and you still think the man is getting traded. Too funny

17. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

yeah but Josh is a little longer than Jones and contests better than Dwight or Asik. I know it was only one game but he was up into his chest on that shot with arms extended, something that nobody was able to in last years series.

18. okeezie

okeezie Member

They are all Rockets and in the playoffs they will all play. I don't care who plays what minutes as long as we win. Whoever matches up better or plays better should play the most minutes in playoffs. I don't have a crystal ball but I know we have 4 starting caliber big men on the team right now and I'm loving that.

19. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

The "odd man out" is already out, his name is Joey Dorsey...once Dwight returns, I think it will be D-Mo and Dwight as starters, with Jones and Smoove off the bench.

20. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

For some reason i read the title as "Terrance Jones is black people!" and was really confused lol.