1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Jones, Bogut or ........

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

This is how I feel. T.Jones is a bitter man and knows he's a rental if he lands back in Houston. LOL

2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Smith played like dang, when y'all gonna renegotiate me to $30 million per a season. You know what I'mma 1/3 Ass it from now on. **** y'all.

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Brilliant.

DD

4. basketballholic

Big fella is not condescending. I say it all the time. It's respect. But I probably am not your generation. If you are between 18-35 we won't relate very well as I am older and I ain't interested in the political correctness of the younger. But I can use condescending remarks if you want. LOL.

Funny though. If you want to now throw Harrell in the deal then we have to start looking at Justin Anderson as a player as well. We were just dealing with the picks side of the equation. Anderson is a low first with two years of development left and Philly is after perimeter players to balance out their roster. Harrell leaves them with another duplicative big and they ain't got minutes to develop the ones they already got.

If you can't see the difference in the picks then I don't know what to say here. I'd take Dallas trade over our seconds. It's not close.

Philly wanted Bev.

5. Remlap

Remlap Member

On the contrary.
    If you're smart you IGNORE TJones and don't make the same mistakes TWICE ;)

6. jayfree

jayfree Member

Trying to remove the bone-headed 3PT attempts from Josh Smith's game is like telling Dwight Howard to make more free throws. Neither will happen!

7. MadRocketsGamer

i pray we get bogut

raining threes likes this.
  8. jayfree

jayfree Member

Josh Smith is an equivalent to a player that can get base hits but strikes out a ton and doesn't really get on base in any other way. Sure his Batting average is over .250 and plays some defense in the field, but K's over half the time leaving men stranded.

9. Remlap

Remlap Member

As much as we all loathe Bogut, I'm pretty sure the guy would prefer to play for a competitive team.
    He snubbed Houston for Dallas in the offseason thinking he'd turn Dallas into a contender.
    So he's gone from record breaking team, to bottom tier and now to the gutter (PHI)
    My guess is he's eaten enough humble pie to realize that Houston gives him a good chance to
    punk the team that tossed him off the bandwagon
    And if he's NOT inclined to support the Rockets. SEE YA

MadRocketsGamer likes this.
  10. Audioout

Audioout Member

Why does every thread devolve into it being about BBallHolic instead of what it should be about? Even if I put him on ignore the entire thread is derailed. You would think in a forum made to talk about the Rockets we could actually talk about the team and not about this one poster.

11. thedude077

thedude077 Member

No more Corey Brewers! Andrew Bogut is the only who is worth it, but the rest of the buyouts are Corey Brewers 2.0! No more of that, please!

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

13. raining threes

I cant see why in the world any Rox fan would want to see more of the dumb BBIQ that T.Jones/J.Smith brings to the team.

I feel much dumber watching the play and would prefer them never playing for the team I watch.

basketballholic and anchel like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

And Smoove would play primarily at the 5 spot in this system anyway. Perhaps some minutes at 4 if Ryno or Dekker are nicked up.

topfive likes this.
  15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It's true that Josh Smith took 7 (!) three pointers per 36 minutes in '15-'16 for the Rockets, and shot ~27%.

But at the end of the bench, he won't be getting that many minutes and if you anchor him in the middle with a 3 guard set he will become more of a defensive run-and-gunner. Exactly what we could use. He has the bulk and the timing to be a defensive pest and rebound against bigger players. Exactly what we could use.

Also, as much as we all like to try and pick a theory so we can be proven right, we don't know what he'll be like without pouty Howard or Bickerstaff here.

In Morey / D'Antoni I trust. If they don't want him, that's a strong signal. Hope we get someone.

16. heypartner

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

lol I don't know why but this put me in stitches

topfive likes this.
  18. heypartner

19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Didn't the trade deadline pass? I'm confused about discussion. I like to talk about trades before the trade deadline.

D-rock and MadRocketsGamer like this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

He's also a whiz initiating and finishing fast breaks. What he may lack in style points or 3 point exuberance, he makes up with his playmaking. He adds another player who can create for himself or for his teammates. This is in addition to his rim protection.

And we are talking about an end of the bench player people. Instead of kids or malcontents, let's take some grizzled respected warriors into the postseason.

Remlap, napalm06 and Hakeemtheking like this.