1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Jones, Bogut or ........

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Feb 24, 2017.

1. basketballholic

I'll accept Plowman. He's a good guy and legit. Roe4christ is too. But posters like you wasted him just like you did Doc Rocket. Your loss.

PS: I cannot vouch for the others.

2. basketballholic

No. And I'm not interested. I could send him one email and he could verify but it would cost me too much.
    Do tell the deal so I can respond to it.

3. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Lol at the fraudulence

ilovehtownbb and topfive like this.
  4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

First tell me whether I need to treat Justin Anderson like a legit prospect first.

5. basketballholic

Assume he isn't. Now what?

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What a terribly annoying thread this turned out to be.

7. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

TJ or Bogut or????

Definitely the other guy? :D

8. Remlap

Remlap Member

[​IMG]

9. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Cuz BHollic and BobbytheFluke are posting in this thread so it gets degraded to zero LOL.

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  10. justtxyank

If he isn't a prospect then the 2 2nd round picks we have plus salary filler is a better trade than what they got because the 2nd round picks are likely to be better. We could even throw in someone like Montrez, or if you are right that they don't really like Capela they could throw him in. That gives them a much better asset.

The only issue is Bogut's salary helping them reach the salary floor, which if that's all they made the trade for then there isn't much helping that franchise. However, we could throw them cash up to $3 million or so to help offset any financial issues. We could also have worked on combining the Brewer/Lou trade to maybe get them some salary.

Ultimately they got 2 mediocre 2nd round picks, a bad wingman with mediocre upside and salary floor relief. We could have given them real prospects if we were in love with Noel.

11. justtxyank

I love this. All credit to you. I'm going to save this and use it.

topfive and Remlap like this.
  12. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Lol bsholic continues his pathetic attempts to appear like an insider? Some things never change.

Vienna Calling and topfive like this.
  13. Nemospl

Nemospl Member

Mike Scott???

14. thirdengine

thirdengine Member

Joey Dorsey

Remlap likes this.
  15. basketballholic

Ok big fella, here you go.

Remember, Dallas traded their first round pick, top 18 protected. That means Philly gets their pick if its 19 or lower. Where would Dallas have to be to be at pick 19 today? Contrary to what the silly teenagers at Liberty Basketball are writing they'd have to be at 27 losses tucked into the eighth seed in the west and one loss less than Pacers in the East. Or they'd have to have equal records and lose a coin toss. That's a 6-7 game difference. Yes, it seems like a lot. But what did those teams in the east that are barely above Dallas do to help themselves? Not much. Chicago made a move. It might even be a lateral or negative move. Indy? Nothing. Everybody else? Nothing. Not to mention there's no shot at a first rounder with our picks.

Shouldn't be difficult to see Dallas could slide up into 8 the in the west. They're only like two out in the loss column. From there they're looking up at the crappy east teams.

Now, if Dallas fails to get in the playoffs what happens? Well, THE WORST pick Philly gets out of that situation is pick 46 this year plus pick 60 in next year's draft in the highly unlikely event Dallas wins a championship next season and finishes at 16 this season. (Very unlikely those two things happen.) And if Dallas fails to even compete for the playoffs, then their second round pick could rise this year into the mid to high thirties.

Ok, to summarize, the Dallas trade gives them a top end of pick 19 in June and a worst case scenario of pick 44 this year and pick 60 next year.

Now take a look at our two picks. Denver and Portland's second rounders. What's the best and worst there?

Well currently Denver's pick is either 43 or 44 depending on coin flip and Portland's pick is somewhere in the range of 40-42.

Best case scenario for Philly would be for both those teams to lose all their games. That basically an impossibility but let's assume it happens. If that happens, brother they still ain't falling past the Nets, Lakers, Suns, Sixers, Knicks, and Magic. Because those teams are trying to lose.

So at best our picks wind up at 37 and 38 and realistically they're probably in the low forties (40-45).

Ok big man, you're the GM. Which deal do you do since both Anderson and McDaniels are garbage?

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

After long thought, I've decided I'm an insider.

Rockets will try and sign someone who gets bought out.

17. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Edit.

18. BasketballMind

Edit.

19. BasketballMind

That's like bringing Clarence Westherspoon back.

20. justtxyank

Setting aside your "big man" condescension attempt aside, obviously if you believe the mavericks are going to end up with pick 19 or higher their offer is better than what you called my offer. However, not many think it will be. I don't know what liberty is, but most analaysis has said this will end up as two seconds.

Aside from that, if I love this player like you claim I do, I do what i mentioned in the last post which you ignored and put one of my young players in the deal like Harrell or capela. Hen my offer trumps the Dallas offer easily.

Good conversation kiddo.