1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Jones, Bogut or ........

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Feb 24, 2017.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He did call that Lawson's last year would become non-guaranteed. That was huge. I don't know if he just got lucky or if he had inside information, but that is a pelt on his wall for sure and is far more accurate than anything that other "insiders" have gotten credit for. Cyberex got a thank you thread for saying we were discussing Nick Young because that meant he "called it" with us getting Lou Williams.

I know I crack on basketballholic a lot because a lot of his stuff is bogus, but that was a golden ticket he put out there.

DudeWah and Os Trigonum like this.
  2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

It's being discussed as we speak. Literally.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So Jones gets run out of a 2nd city in less than a year for being terrible at basketball and so we start talking about him here again? Of course he's not an option, he was run out of Houston before he was run out of New Orleans. I wish the kid well and hope he gets another job in the NBA but he's still a terrible player.

4. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

good for him. still don't care. insider or no, desperation is a stinky cologne and jopa reeks of it.

DonKnock, topfive and justtxyank like this.
  5. basketballholic

Ahhhhhhh. That explains it. Now I know why you do the things you do.

Ciao
    Sayonara

6. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Bogut just for the slow down pace of the playoffs.. Plus his physical style of play would do wonders for team toughness.. He dont **** around! Lol

raining threes likes this.
  7. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

[​IMG]

8. Fantasma Negro

Why is everyone turning on the insiders? Holic's statement wasn't even the slightest racist,you need to watch more youtube

9. basketballholic

I don't put bogus info out here except the occasional intentional, obvious troll to gig back at my detractors.

Just because something doesn't happen doesnt mean it wasn't discussed or attempted. As you have seen with cyberx and codman, most of the rumors they hear or anybody hears (and both of them are legit) don't come to pass. Funny thing is I hear a lot of the same stuff they do at roughly the same time they do. And occasionally I hear different things which lets me know that either them or me or possibly both of us have been misdirected. In other words we've gotten a false rumor intentionally planted by either a FO or an agent.

For instance, the Noel/Okafor discussion. I got info on Noel. Codman got info on JO. Who was right? Both of us were right in that case. We wanted Noel to be our center but only at the right price. We wanted Okafor at the right value to entice a trade for Cousins or another player we really wanted. FO rumored/leaked both guys.

The Lawson deal? Go back and look at my post history. I started a thread about Lawson before any other rumors came out. Way before. I think I even put a poll up asking if you wanted him. Because I knew we were starting to chase him and talking time Denver snot his availability. Then when the rumors started flying and everybody got hot about him I simply told you what w were and weren't willing to do to get him. We did not like Lawson enough to take the extra year risk on him. I had very good info on that and it played out and was one of the 100 deals discussed that actually came to fruition.

I also got sold info on Aaron Brooks buyout from the Kings several years ago. I didn't figure that out all by myself. I was told what went down.

Many others too. But the ones everybody remembers are the ones that don't happen. That's people. I don't care. I simply give what I can give of what I have to give here. If you don't like it, please hit the ignore button.

But you don't. Because you like it. You that don't hit the ignore button because you prefer to read, harass, and work on your sarcasm wit rather than just ignore.

That simply tells me you're not true basketball fans. And most of the time I have better things to do than respond to the Harry High School retorts to my posts.

Then there are days like today. When I'm not too busy to punch back once in a while. But even at those times......I'd rather just talk basketball.

Holic

10. Remlap

Remlap Member

You lost me at Barnes. . . .

11. justtxyank

Don't get the racist accusation either.

12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Love this

13. basketballholic

Bobby,

You and I have been hammered here about good ole Terrence seemingly forever.

But we've been right about him....for a long time now.

raining threes likes this.
  14. justtxyank

I'm not trying to fight with you Holic. I've repeatedly given you credit for the Lawson deal. The Noel thing seems impossible to believe unless you're telling me that the Sixers were so in love with Justin Anderson that they wouldn't negotiate with us. Dallas gave up 2 2nds and Justin Anderson for Nerlens Noel. It's impossible to believe that you are right that we really wanted him but chose not to beat that offer.

15. rockets018

rockets018 Member

What about Jimmer? Great depth and some size as well. Him and sanders on two year deals with second year team option

Remlap likes this.
  16. basketballholic

Consider what we would have had to give up to beat that offer. Case closed.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

At this point it's just weird that he still has his apologists out there. I'm not sure what would have to happen for the remaining few to see the light.

raining threes and DonKnock like this.
  18. justtxyank

Not enough that it would have been a problem if they REALLY wanted him and didn't think they could get anywhere with Capela.

19. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Has Clutch vouched for Bballholic or nah?!?! I'm lost!!!

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

_holic has repeatedly shown the world he is on the level of KingDrew, Plowman, Progs, Shaun11, Roe4christ etc.

Vienna Calling likes this.