1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Jones arrested in Portland for stomping on homeless man

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmac2therack, Jul 31, 2013.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Repped

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

If the scenario of Jones accidentally tripping over a homeless man -- then, in a moment of frustration, rousting/yelling at him to wake up -- shows a "lack of character that has no place on the Rockets" -- then you just don't need to watch the Rockets or the NBA. I can personally guarantee you that morally, that's a drop in the bucket compared to what most professional athletes have in their recent past.

Is it a mistake? Sure. But lots of professional athletes make them. Hell, lots of people make them. If that's something unforgivable to you, you need to focus on your church team and stay out of sports, because your expectations are just out of control.

(Again, that's based on the hypothetical that Terrence's side is accurate. If the prosecution is correct, and he basically stomped a homeless man for the sport of it, then I completely agree with you. But there is a HUGE difference between the two.)

1 person likes this.
  3. amaru

amaru Member

So what are the legal ramifications Jones could be facing if found guilty.

4. RoxDC

RoxDC Member

Probably a fine.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Just checking in, has TJones been sentenced to a Gulag yet?

6. Salvy

Salvy Member

Dang, didn't read this thread because I felt like it was not a big a deal but upon reading it I just realized why its still at the top...... Personally I don't see why people are so upset, there are things far far worst than Jones tripping or kicking a druggie/homeless...

I think people forget that a lot of homeless people are homeless because they are lazy not because they are less fortunate.. Three weeks ago I saw a "homeless man" park his car at a gas station on Eldridge, put on a dirty shirt and then walked to the middle of Eldridge with his little "hungry" bucket. That homeless man deserved a kick in the face.... We don't know what happened and we don't know who the homeless man yall are defending is.

Anyways, I support Jones and wish him the best this upcoming this season. He is going to help the Rockets kick some serious butt this season...

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

As i said in an earlier post, some here were just waiting for a reason. This was their time to shine. Now we know how people really feel about him.

8. Nubmonger

Nubmonger Member

This thread is a wonderful example of why nobody should feel comfortable associating the court of public opinion with anything that requires a bare minimum of judgment.

50 pages of calling Terrence Jones every name in the book, demanding that he get fired, and basically roasting his balls over a single unsubstantiated story. Then once his side of the story comes out and people see the record of the homeless man involved, they're more than happy to see his case get thrown out and his dick cut off if he happens to be a registered sex offender. So if everyone gets their way, Terrence Jones is out of the NBA and thrown in jail for years for curb stomping a homeless man but the homeless man also totally deserved it and should eat his own **** for the rest of his life, too.

How about just admitting that you have no idea what the hell happened and that no one needs to hear your ridiculous, uninformed, and completely unnecessary opinion on the topic?

1 person likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol make me think perhaps Terrence should move to Houston.
    Leave Portland. Any bums in Houston?

10. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

When everyone was on the D-Mo train I was still all about Jones. When T-Rob came over and I watched a couple of games with him I was lamenting the fact that Jones didn't get enough opportunities to showcase himself. I've been a huge advocate of Jones the player, I'm just no longer a fan of Jones the person.

11. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

To be honest, I wouldn't know Terrance Jones if he walked up and punched me in the balls. Thanks Comcast. (Sorry for the thread derailment)

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

who... cares...

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well. I just say if you expect saints like Yao or Jeremy Lin in every player, then you were liking athletes for the wrong reasons maybe.

It's only human thing that news like this comes out, just make sure it does not happen during the season.
    Life can be tough as a training camp, as scrimmages, as every practice session.
    You correct mistakes by doing them. You learn from them.
    They should just leave out the grave ones.

14. PeppermintCandy

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Who cares (if) he stomped on a homeless mans leg. Oh my, he's not a saint! This is a 21 year old dude who just walked out of a bar, these types things happen all the time. Not thats its a good thing but dont crucify him for it.

If he was to molest kids, beat women or attempt to murder people i would understand what the fuss is about. This wasnt the case it, he just stepped on a homeless dudes leg.

Anybody saying we should trade him or that he's a trouble maker because of this are dumb.

16. herro

herro Member

In Terrence's defense, most middle class men aged 17-40 in Portland appear homeless.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

You do realize that all this forum is, is news and peoples opinons about the rockets right?

18. vator

vator Contributing Member

I see no problem here. Who in here can honestly say they haven't kicked a bum, tossed a midget, punted a small pet, ran moonshine from county to county Dukes of Hazzard style, grown pot in their backyard, engaged in human trafficking, or dabbled in the seedy underworld of dog or cockfighting? This could have happened to anyone. Look at the rafter in your own eyes people.

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

oh wait? really, I guess since you posted this reply more people care whether some idiot is dissapointed in our third string power foward. GTFO

20. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

I understand your point. Normally if a cop is being a prick and you're intoxicated they will charge you with it.