1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Jones arrested in Portland for stomping on homeless man

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmac2therack, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Bizarre behavior was expected of Max. We had no reason to believe Terrence Jones was a rabid homeless guy kicker. Rabid homeless guy stomper? Whatever.

2. oelman44

oelman44 Member

for some reason I really doubt this is the case

3. M.G.

M.G. Contributing Member

Honestly, what leads one to start stomping on a sleeping homeless man?

4. Shaud

Shaud Member

Keyword Ron Artest was never charged with anything while playing for Houston.

Exactly what did Ron Artest due while in Houston that is worse than this?

5. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Borderline personality disorder?

6. oelman44

oelman44 Member

alchohal

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

*do*.....

8. PeppermintCandy

Some of the posts in this thread are disturbing.

9. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

This reminds me of the "Kyle Lowry charged with battery after throwing a ball at a female ref" debacle.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. JD88

JD88 Member

He stomped his leg?!?!

Oh the agony! Big deal, probably wouldnt have been arrested til they found out he was an NBA player.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Portland Jailblazers?!

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Seriously though, this is just Jones being a dumb drunk 21 year old. I doubt he seriously had any intention of hurting the man, and probably barely tapped the bum in the leg. This just looks like someone trying to take advantage of the system to cash in on a free pay-day.

Yes, I know I sound judgemental and alot of homeless people in the world truly do need alot of real help. However as someone who has spent time in Portland, Seattle, Vancouver, and Austin, I do know that the bum situation there is different than it is in a city like Houston or New Orleans. Alot of them are out there by choice for one reason or another.

It sounds to me like in this situation, Jones, while guilty of doing something incredibly stupid, is probably going to be un-fairly labeled as a troublemaker with immaturity issues from now on which I dont think is the case. I dont know the guy personally, but this looks to me like an isolated case where he just did something stupid, and now a homeless bum is going to get a nice pay-day on Jones' pocketbook and reputation.

13. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yeah let's blame the homeless man now,

Oh and the sergeant is the one that witnessed the whole thing anyway.

14. ILoveWhiteGirls

He couldn't get laid that night, it happens??:rolleyes:

15. Karolik

Karolik Member

Trade him for trash, because what he did was trash..seriously stomping hard enough to injure a homeless man who did nothing to you? That's a punk move.

16. BabyBatterBoy

BabyBatterBoy Member

so pathetic. funny thing is that if this moron didn't play professional ball, he would be the one on the streets. I am a HUGE rockets fan but i can't sit here and justify this. hope we trade this clown in whatever deal Morey does in the future.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rockets forward Terrence Jones was arrested early Wednesday in Portland following an incident in which Portland police said he shouted at a homeless man and stomped on his leg.

Jones was charged with harassment, a Class B misdemeanor, and released. He has a court date scheduled for Tuesday.

According to a police spokesman, an officer observed Jones shortly after 2 a.m. walk past two men sleeping in a doorway, shouted “wake up” and stomped on one of the men’s legs, according to a report by Portland television station KATU.

The victim, Daniel John Lellerher, 46, received a minor leg injury but did not require medical attention.

Rockets spokesperson Tracey Hughes said the organization has no comment.

Jones played in 19 games as a rookie out of Kentucky last season, averaging 5.5 points and 3.4 rebounds. He is expected to compete for the starting power forward spot.

Link

18. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Why pick on homeless people though? i remember one drunk night when i was 21 living in austin i gave a homeless guy a 20 when i thought it was a 5. didn't figure it out until the next morning.

19. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

What an idiotic response. Feel free to wait for more facts to come out before you start bashing someone.

20. Classic

Classic Member

Nobody was beatin on bums before Jeremy Lin arrived.

Bye Lin.