1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrance Morris & Jason Collier land w/ San Antonio Spurs ...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Maryland Terps, Jul 22, 2003.

1. Maryland Terps

2. BBFEVER

BBFEVER Contributing Member

I would be surprised to see Collier make the team. Tmo has a chance though.

3. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Did they actually join the Spurs? Or is it just for the summer league? I hope they go to the Spurs....better chance there than w/ us.

4. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

What a shame CD, what an absolute shame?

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I was hoping Terence would end up on the Rocks after everything shook out. I wonder what the World Champs* see in him? Maybe some talent?

6. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Yea, I hate to see Collier go.:rolleyes:

7. Olajumus Prime

we surely will miss em

*psyche*

8. Quakes

Quakes Member

Umm... how deep is our stupid roster going to be. Losing fringe players is one thing, not signing replacements in the off-season is another issue altogether. Sheesh... if we lose Posey as well...

9. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

TMo could be another Spur/ex Rocket that comes back to haunt us in head to head games, a la Mario Elie and Avery Johnson.

10. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Well, this is who I'm pretty sure will be on the team next season.

Francis/Moochie
    Mobley/Hawkins
    Posey/Rice/Nachbar
    Taylor/Griffin
    Ming/Cato

That means we have 4 more roster spots to fill. Maddox and Badiane are possiblities. But even then they would still need two more players. So, I don't understand how the Rockets can say they will most likely not be pursuing any free agents. They just gonna take some CBA scrubs or what?

11. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Why is it someone named "Maryland Terps" misspells Terence Morris? :)

IMO. both Morris and Collier will be in the NBA next season. Collier most likely in the EC. Morris could be a backup in lots of places.

12. Quakes

Quakes Member

Agreed. That's a pretty damn weak roster... beyond Francis, Ming and Mobley, there's a gap in quality to the next level - Posey (who's still looking at other clubs), Griffin (yikes!) and Taylor (!) - then there's a massive dropoff in quality beyond that.

Holy cow... our top 3 players will be playing massive minutes every game! We're not going to last in the latter half of the season.

13. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

1. Morris or Collier solve this?

2. They didn't play massive minutes last year?

The free agent signing period is not even a week old. We've shown we're looking at depth for the backcourt. Patience.

14. Quakes

Quakes Member

Morris played decent minutes to spot the team at times. Granted Collier sucked. Posey became key at the end and there's still a chance we may lose him (although hopefully not).

You hit the point on the head... the starters did play massive minutes last season and that clearly hurt us. We can hope the physical condition of the starters improve next season (especially Yao's), but it's probably better to have good role players coming off the bench.

But you're right... I probably should have more faith... can't say much about patience though!

:D

15. RocDreamer

RocDreamer Contributing Member

Looks like TMo had a good game there in the summer league. I hope that he lands with someone, but does not come back to haunt us.

16. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

The Spurs played played the Bulls yesterday in the Rocky Mountain Revue. Collier 13 minutes 0 for 5 from the field, Tmo 30 minutes 5 for 10 from the field and 3 tap outs.

17. goophers

goophers Member

I don't care about losing Collie but TMo would have been a decent backup. If the frickin troll doll Madsux gets a roster spot, I'm going to be even more :mad:

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

What, did TMo get in a fight? :D

19. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

We have? I thought I remember hearing that free agent signings are highly unlikely because it would put the Rockets over the luxury tax threshold. And yes, it's only been one week...yet it seems like about fifty free agents have already signed with a new team...who's left?

20. rocksolid

rocksolid Contributing Member

This scares me....WE have NO DEPTH!!! I'm currious who from the Summer Leaue we plan on adding (other than Hawk and Badiane)... Maddox, Miskiri, Ricks, Scott, Johnson, Wright, Hill???

We will crumble, like last year, after the all-star break...

Tier One
    Francis
    Mobley
    Yao

Tier Two
    Posey (please god!)
    Taylor
    Griffin
    Cato

Tier Three
    Rice
    Hawkins
    Moochie
    Nachbar
    Nadiane (will he even be state-side???)

CD and JVG gotta have something up there sleeve. I can't imagine we enter the season with this lineup...we've made no advancements from a player perspective from the year prior...