1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terence Morris=BUST

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ElGrandeQueso, Dec 27, 2001.

1. ElGrandeQueso

ElGrandeQueso Member

OK, I know I can't be the only one out there thinking this, but Terence Morris sucks. Sure he's a rookie and that deserves merit, but keep in mind he was a four year college player. This guy is as unpolished as it gets, he should be playing in the NBDL, not the NBA. For crying out loud, the Rockets traded a 1st round pick for Morris, or as the blind people who claim to be his fans call him, T-Mo. Rudy started him tonight for an unexplainable reason and in 31 minutes he shot an impressive 1-9, slightly less remarkable than the 0-14 he started his career with. If Morris ever becomes half the player that Walt Williams is right now, it will be a breakthrough. It's a real good thing Morris decided to stay in school and get a degree because he'll need it when in two years his NBA employment rivals that of Rodrick Rhodes.

2. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

No such thing as a second round bust.

3. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Exactly Pued...there has never been a second round bust and there never will be one. Busts are usually lottery picks that go bad (such as Olowokandi).

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well I agree that he does not look good.

DaDakota

5. Band Geek Mobster

Well he might be a 2nd round pick, but we paid a 1st round pick for him, so in essence, he's a 1st round pick to us...

6. ElGrandeQueso

ElGrandeQueso Member

We traded a future FIRST ROUND PICK for him, so in essence that's what he is, no matter his draft position(33rd I think, not shabby).

7. ElGrandeQueso

ElGrandeQueso Member

Couldn't have said it better BandGeek, haha a little late by me.

8. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Lets see , we have ppl talking about Terrence Morris as a bust after watching him suck in one game.

First of all, if you havent watched Terrence Morris play basketball in college then you dont know **** about him. Morris is not a SHOOTER. He will never be a shooter. He is a guy that gets his baskets inside and rebounds. Hes the type of player every championship team has. Rudy doesnt know how to use his sfs, this is why he is looking like a peice of ****. Dont blame Morris for his ****ty play, blame the way rudy plays his players. Its a joke how he runs this team.

9. cmrockfan

cmrockfan Member

He is better than Zwikker, John Turner, Dave Jamerson, Steve Harris, and Eric Meek.

10. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Morris blows. He should be nothing but IL fodder this year.

I haven't given up on him, but I will be shocked if he contributes anything this year.

11. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Dan Langhi is a bust. The guy can barely get court time.

Terrance Morris must be doing something right in practice because he gets court time. I think he deserves at least a season to prove himself.

12. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

How you know if you really suck:

People defend you by comparing/contrasting you with Dan Langhi.

13. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

I agree. Half of Walt's game, his offensive game, when consistent is what we need out of our small forward. Since Morris already has a solid defensive game and rebounding skills, if he could just average 40% on 3s, even if streaky, he'd start for sure. :D

Francis3,
    from someone familiar with his game, that emphatic bit about TMo not being a shooter is discouraging. I like the skills TMo brings, and I want him to be a longterm part of the rotation, but in my opinion, unless you play a power position only, if you cannot knock down the 3, you do not have a place on this team. Just look at Shandn. Everyone loved the little stuff he brought, but when it came down to it, we were hurting because he couldn't exploit wide-open shots. For better or for worse, we've got to have good shooters on this ball-club that can hit the 3. It's no coincidence that San Antonio has the best record and is also leading the league in 3pt. shooting.

14. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

People, it takes more then 2 months to find out what a guy can do. Man people are impatient. People want rookies to come into the league and start contributing right away, that doesn't alway happen. I mean give the guy a full year to learn and see what he does in his 2nd year. It took McGrady a few years to finally start tearing it up. Calling the guy a waste and a bust 2 months into his career!? Come on.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Millenium,

McGrady was 18, he is younger then TMO right now I think.

DaDakota

16. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

Tmo is unpolished! Are you kidding me? Just based on his defense and rebounding, he cannot be considered a bust. He is definitely a keeper and you can take that to the bank. In terms of talent and skills and knowing the game he is right up there. Once the confidence comes, look out. Do not be surprised if you eat those words within the next two weeks.

17. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

DearRock don't worry these guys will be eating their words before its all said and done. TMO was a steal in this draft and you don't judge basketball players by one game.

18. Live

Live Member

Good post, DearRock.

If you were\are expecting Morris to be a 15-20 pt scorer, then I want to talk to you about some beach property in Iowa.

Morris is a jack-of-all-trades, combo F. His strengths are his versatility and athleticism. He may never be a big-time scorer, but he's definitely the type of talent good teams have. Hopefully, he'll grow into a Horry\Lynch type of player.

19. EGRULES

EGRULES Member

Tmo is not a bust, hes wut? 6'9? Tmo is a good post up foreword. Let him post up, not shoot!

20. ElGrandeQueso

ElGrandeQueso Member

My points are based on one game? Not exactly. Season stats: 24.5% Field Goals, 20% Threes, and the killer, 50% on Free Throws(2-4 OK.....). It doesn't take a moron to figure out that when you make less than 1 out of every 4 shots you take, you're not good. Not to mention that Morris is wide open on the majority of his shots because the defense doesn't even respect him enough to put on pressure. Also, since when is Terence such a dominant defender? He would have to be the greatest defender of all time just to compensate for his offensive game, and maybe that would still not be enough. He's really a dominant force on the D end...I can see it now, Allen Iverson boycotting Rockets game because his crossover is useless against ol' bugeye. For all of you believers in Morris, just wait until his contract runs out and the next great CC.net story from Whole Foods breaks out, "Morris Files For Job Application", caught on digital camera and amateur videotape. Just wait and see...