1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Teen killed in Bellaire Pizzeria

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Feb 23, 2016.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

wow senseless

BELLAIRE, TX (KTRK) -- A 19-year-old is dead and police are calling his killing "senseless" after a robbery at a pizzeria last night in Bellaire.

http://abc13.com/1211904/

<iframe width="476" height="270" src="http://abc13.com/video/embed/?pid=1211904" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

So were the suspects black? This is some absolute bull****.

3. Victorious

Victorious Member

damn man, thats horrible. what a strong mother. i dont know how shes able to hold it together and give that interview, even trying to smile through it.

4. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

Statistically speaking it is almost certain for this type of crime.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Link Please

Rocket River

6. Nook

Nook Member

The Department of Justice has statistics it releases every four years.

From what I remember, as a TOTAL people classified as white committed twice as many violent crimes as black people.

As a % black people were 2-3 times as likely to commit a violent crime as compared to white people and black people were far more likely to commit a violent crime against white people than white people were to commit a violent crime against black people.

I am not sure what the numbers really matter, as there are a variety of reasons that have to be considered as to why the numbers are what they are. The numbers do not account for poverty, neighborhood, opportunity to commit the crime, the perceived poverty/wealth of the victim, etc.

7. jcee15

Hatefacts
    [​IMG]

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Do you guys seriously use every death and tragedy to push your own agenda's on a ****ing basketball forum? ****ing pathetic

Very sad, many of my classmates knew this guy. Horrible feeling you get when your first start seeing classmates and friends die in such a young age group.

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Tragic. Hopefully they catch this thug. Details are so sketchy. Guy was cooperating, still got shot, and no money taken?

10. jcee15

Only non-whites can push agendas at anytime.:rolleyes: It's also not an agenda if I'm asked to provide statistics. It's a response.

1 person likes this.
  11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I agree. The race baiting here is in very poor taste especially considering this is a local crime. It's too close to home.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Here is the actual report. I don't see these numbers?

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cv10.pdf

All I see in this report is the percentage of victims by race, it never breaks down perpetrators unless I missed it?

There are also some serious sample size questions as well if (according to one of their charts) they only had 10 or fewer sample cases of rape of black women to calculate based on.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I thought bellaire was safe

14. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If you go a few miles from that area it is not.

Most parts of houston are a pretty ghetto.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yeah it's neighborhood by neighborhood, a block or two makes a big difference. With that being said, even if you are in the safest of safe neighborhoods or area's, you are not protected from violence and attacks.

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

It is, but go just a few blocks west and you are getting dangerously close to southwest Houston......

This is a horrible story. Why would they kill him when he was cooperating? Poor kid did everything you're supposed to do when you get robbed and still got killed for it. :mad:

17. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

What is there to debate about with this murder?

18. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Once these meme info graphics make their way out of Stormfront, they basically become truth to those who need evidence for their racism. Repeatedly, when one goes back to the supposed source material for these things, we don't find the data which the info graphic claims.

Combine that with General misunderstanding of how statistics work, and you get a way to perpetuate ignorance for at least another generation.

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

inhuman garbage