1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Teddy Bridgewater

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by The Real Shady, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well right now, he's nowhere near Alex Smith, that's his ceiling. Right now it would be going from Fitz to Geno Smith assuming he was even playing. If things go well for Bridgewater, he could be playing at an Alex Smith level in a few years.

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Better than our first pick acting like one.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yes because only 12 year old girls get sick.

4. Major

Major Member

Yes, he was. The problem is you ignore those kinds of things in your "analysis" of players. For example, you have told us in the past with Andrew Luck that all those yards were meaningless - efficiency and TD:INT ratios are all you looked at to show that he wasn't all that good. Thus the problem with your QB-evaluating "skills".

The key word, of course, being "so far". So far is irrelevant for a rookie QB - and yet you're obsessed by it. What does that tell us? Lots of good QBs have crappy rookie years. Lots of bad QBs have pretty good rookie years.
    Why do we care much about a rookie QB's overall statistics after 6 games?

The key is to look at signs that a player can be good going forward, because he's not going to be very good now, especially if he's on a crappy team. The team has improved with him under center, and he's had 4 reasonably good games out of 6. He's led the team on a game winning drive and numerous 2-minute drives. Who knows how he'll develop over time, but if I'm Minnesota, I'm pretty happy with what I've seen so far from a QB I got at the end of the first round. I have good reason to think I can build something around him.

5. Major

Major Member

And, on cue, here it is. Somehow, based on 6 games as a rookie, you've determined a player's ceiling. It's ignorance at its finest. No one here has any clue what Bridgewater's floor or ceiling is at this point.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Didn't say that. You probably call in sick to work and then spend that time liking pictures on Instagram. Like 12 year-old girls.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I told you guys that Alex Smith was his ceiling 8 or 9 months ago and so far he's proven me right. Also, you talk about all these good QB's that have really bad rookie seasons...can you name some? Sure there are QB's who don't play their rookie year and some of them turn out alright, but usually when QB's start playing, you have an idea of the type of QB they are going to be.

8. Remii

Remii Member

Yea, it may be too early to judge a player's ceiling. But what exactly is Alex Smith's ceiling...??? It's not like he has a great array of receiving options. The best player in his receiving core is Travis Kelce (a second year TE) and he only plays around half of the offensive snaps... The rest of those receivers are arguably hot garbage.

Also, in the playoffs _ Smith has been pretty darn good. He deserves more credit than he gets... It may not be a bad thing when comparing Teddy to Alex... Those who think it is may have a very narrow minded view of quarterbacks in the situation they are in.

9. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

you also said that the steelers were a horrible team. Just admit that you aren't nostradamus. Please stop the know it all ****. Eat a Snickers You not yourself

10. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

teddy proving me wrong, he is showing me that he can play in cold weather, and has good enough arm strength to complete the ball in windy conditions

he's lucky to have norv turner

11. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Teddy B. 89yd game winning td.

12. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

he saw what the jets were in and audibled that play

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

It was just screen pass probably should have gone for 5 yards. I thought he played a good game. He took what the defense gave him and was patient and looked around for all his receivers.

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

If you look at pre-draft analyses and expectations, Bridgewater is delivering. Smart, patient, calm with questions about long ball accuracy.

15. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

19/27 309 yds 2tds.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

A single 89 yard screen pass was almost 1/3rd of his total yards for the day, otherwise it would have been 18/26 220 yards 2 td 1 interception. That said, good for him finally having another good game. His team won the battle of the awful QB's and he should be proud of himself.

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I see him having a very Byron Leftwich like career... not great, not terrible, but ultimately unforgettable if the team doesn't make noise.

18. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

lol bridgewater since week 7 has 9td's with only 3 picks.. he is clearly the best rookie qb in the nfl

19. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

what about teddy bridgewater screams leftwitch lol, thats an odd comparison

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Fair enough, that might be true, but

A. It's not "clearly"

B. That says almost nothing. That's like talking up Geno Smith because he's probably the best QB in the 2013 draft.