1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Teddy Bridgewater

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by The Real Shady, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Teddy 241 yds td and the victory.

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The defense helped, especially with the winning score.

3. mick fry

mick fry Member

Yeah, Bridge and Fitz are neck and neck. Way to overhype a player.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

All the rookie QBs look bad.

Maybe a smart move by the Texans not to take one.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Andrew Luck will get on a roll and the Colts are going to score a bunch of points today. But if they can't get pressure on Big Ben without selling out completely on a blitz, the Steelers will just keep scoring.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

All it took was playing the Bucs to make Teddy Bridgewater look like he belongs on an NFL field.

7. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

i know it pains you to see Bridgewater succeed.

8. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

If my rookie QB is playing like a 10 year NFL journeyman as a rookie, I can work with that and make him into something.

If my 10 year NFL journeyman QB is still making rookie mistakes, then you have a problem.

Bridgewater > Fitz and it's not close.

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

But that's never been the question.

The question is will Bridgewater really be the Vikings starting QB for the next 10 years, or will he fizzle out once his rookie contract is up like Ponder, Locker, Gabbert, Geno, EJ, Leinart, Sanchez, etc.

The Texans want their next acquired or drafted QB to be the man for the long-term... and they didn't see that with any of these rookie QB's.

10. mick fry

mick fry Member

The thing is I can see overhyping a player because he plays for your team but the love affair some members have for Bridgewater to justify that maybe they were right about the Texans should have drafted him is rediculous. Nobody is losing sleep over what might have been with Teddy.

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. You take a shot if he doesn't work all it would cost you is Su'a-Filo.

12. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

XSF & Nix.. so yea, it would have cost next to nothing.

13. mick fry

mick fry Member

But didnt we draft a qb? Didnt we take a shot? Just saying.

14. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Peyton Manning looked bad his rookie year. Maybe a dumb move by the Colts to draft him?

15. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

Aaron Rodgers sat on the bench his first two NFL seasons... Big mistake!

It's like the Texans (and a big part of the fan base) are afraid of player development, and prefer "NFL ready" players opposed to higher ceiling raw talent.

16. ballplayer

It's really not over hyping for me. It's the Texans not to taking a chance, acting like you are the smartest guy in the room and that you know better than everybody else. This type of thinking has back fired on them for years. As a fan I want to see the team win. I want some hope for the future that we might win. The Texans as a organization doesn't give me that. I look at BOB's offense and I don't see them doing nothing out there that Teddy or Manziel could not have done better than Fitz is doing right now. Would either one of them have meant instance playoff probably not but at least we would have a reason to be hopeful. Even if you lose, so what! You still in position to take another potential Franchise QB next year. XSF and NIX(who you cut Mathis for) are a joke so far, I would have given up both of them for just the chance to look at Teddy, Manziel, Garappolo, and even Carr for a year. It's a crap shoot you got to roll the dice. Especially when you don't have to invest big dollars. It just makes sense.

My point is this, none us know what these guys are going to be when they step on the field, but you got to take chances. That's what Seattle did with Wilson, Denver did it with Peyton's neck, Pittsburgh did it with Rothlesberger as a rookie. New England did it with Brady.

Who here would have blamed the Texans for coming away from the draft with Clowney and Bridgewater,Manziel, Garoppolo, or even Carr when your biggest need is a QB?

Do I like Bridgewater yes, but we can start a Derek Carr thread same thing
    D. Carr 34-54, 328 YDS, 1 TD. D.Carr > Fitz and it's not close!

#76 ballplayer, Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  17. mick fry

mick fry Member

So you're saying Savage cant be that late round draft pick (Brady)? They drafted a qb, who is to say which will pan out?

18. ballplayer

You know what!! I rather put him out and let's see what we got in him.
    I could stomach the mistakes and INT's better if it was Savage on the field. I say if you believe in the guy play him, but then I think Bob would be called to the carpet quicker too. So I'm guessing we won't see that happen.

See nobody can blame you for taking flyer on a guy that is highly rated, but if you past on all the highly rated guys and say I want this runt over here. I believe in him and then play him. He better grow into the biggest, baddest, dude on the block. I honestly don't thing Bob sees that in Savage.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure, if he ever has any success we'll know. I know some might celebrate that he managed to not throw a pick against a team that came into today giving up the most points and most passing yards in the entire league....but shouldn't we set a higher bar?

He looks average against the absolute worst defenses in the league and looks like crap against everyone else, let's not pretend like he's doing well this year.

20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Not necessarily... there may be several QB's this upcoming draft available in the mid-to-late first round with much better talent and stature than Bridgewater. Hell, the Texans probably would have taken Garopolo ahead of him, had they suspected Jimmy would have actually have been a 2nd round pick.

If you take Teddy, or any of the other QB's, as a first round pick last year, you're pretty much committed to them for at least 2 years (or at least two off-seasons of not getting any other QB's). See the Jets and the Bills as examples of teams that will probably now be looking for a QB again next year... and "missed out" on the last years' QB draft because they thought they had their guys. (and chances are, both teams end up going with veterans as they need more than just another QB project... not to mention, both teams have committed multiple 1st round picks to QB's over the last 8 years with no "franchise" guy found).