1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Teddy Bridgewater

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by The Real Shady, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The SF defense was gutted in the off-season, AND the Vikings have Adrien Peterson back and they have 0 points through almost 3 quarters.....if they had a QB I think they'd have scored at least once.

2. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

I would rather have Teddy's performance tonight as a 2nd year QB than to have what Hoyer gave the Texans Sunday as a 7 year vet.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Both were pathetic, but Hoyer at least got into the end zone against a better defense.

Personally, I wouldn't want either of them. Young scrub, old scrub, doesn't matter you still need to make a change at QB if you have either.

At least the Texans have a better QB on the bench that should have started, the Vikings have nothing.

4. ballplayer

At least the Vikings will end up in the Playoffs were as the Texans be 8-8

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Will they? The Vikings just got held to 3 points by a weaker defense than the Texans just scored 20 on....and the Vikings have a harder schedule.....and the Texans have a better QB if they start Mallett.....and they'll have a better RB once Foster gets back.....and they have a better defense.

6. ballplayer

You really think Foster is better than A.P.? Two things about Minny, both A.P. and Teddy's play will be better than they played tonight. Only question for Vikings is that run defense. They got shredded tonight.

The Texans QB position will be a mary-go-round pretty much all season and RBs too if Foster can't stay healthy. Texans O-line is suspect a well.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

At one point AD was better, but he only had 31 yards on 10 carries tonight, maybe he'll bounce back and be AD again, maybe he won't.

As to Teddy playing better....well it would be hard for him not to since he got outplayed by Brian Hoyer this week....and Hoyer got pulled for being terrible.

Teddy displayed his noodle arm and displayed very little ability to diagnose the blitz.

Teddy entered tonight going 52 of 130 (40%) with 6 TDs and 7 INTs on passes over 10 yards...and he probably made that worse tonight.

He's an extremely flawed QB, maybe he overcomes it one day, maybe not.

8. ballplayer

LOL you a funny dude Bobby. We will see.

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Figured bobby would be pounding his chest after bridegwater's poor performance. And while I didn't see the game its clear he had a bad game. But it was just that, a bad game, and he will have more good games than bad. It will be interesting how bobby posts about those... well, maybe it won't be interesting.

10. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

9ers looked good last. Bowman is back.

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Even you fanboys have to admit that hail-mary pass was one of the funniest things you've ever seen.

Same goes for when he got sacked by his own lineman.

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/eFYlFgUjpjm/embed/simple" width="480" height="480" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Yea I sat through and watch this crap of a game, bc i missed the first MNF game....

Bridgewater was the least of the Vikings problems... Their defense couldnt stop anyone. They were piss poor on run defense, and couldnt tackle in open space. Combine that with a 49er OLine that picked up rhythm towards the end of the 1st half, the Vikings defense was really bad.

Secondly, their offensive line was constantly pressured by a very aggressive defensive front. Yes the 49er team that was peppered with key losses on both sides of the football, was really stout. Eric Mangini called a great game, with well timed blitzes, and confused the kid. Oh and Bowman is still a beast and I would say that he is one of the best ILBs in the game.

Factor in the fact that AD looked human, and transferred his running prowess to Hyde...The Vikings relied on Teddy way too much...While I do agree that Teddy has to work faster, I dont get the hate...He will do just fine. Their running game needs to get moving, OR its going to be a very long season.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Having a noodle armed QB that can't throw an accurate pass over 10 yards that struggles to make proper pre-snap reads on blitzes that runs backwards and takes huge losses on blitzes and runs into his own players in the pocket is a pretty big problem though......or rather we'd think it was a problem if it was the Texans QB doing that.

Add to it that all of this happened against a defense that was seriously gutted in the off-season and it's pretty embarrassing that the next coming of Aaron Rodgers couldn't get the ball in the end zone at any point in the game.

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

He threw a perfect bomb to the endzone that definitely should have been pass interference. He ran into a lineman who was in the freaking way. Seriously, on that play, is Teddy the problem, or the lineman? WTF is that guy doing back there?

Win some, lose some. Teddy definitely didn't play great. But I agree with the assessment that he wasn't problem #1 for the Vikings offensively. The o-line and running game was horrible. But Teddy definitely didn't help.

I was/am a Bridgewater fan... but definitely seems like the upside is something like Dalton or Tannehill at this point... which isn't bad, but isn't franchise changing. Still too early to call, though.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So did Brian Hoyer....but he also managed to get one into the end zone against a much better defense anyway. Hell if PI was called properly in the Texans game, Hoyer probably has 3 TD's.....and he's terrible.

I get the desire to make excuses for Bridgewater, but it's just sad. Just accept that he's nowhere near what a lot of the crazies thought he'd be and we can move on. I've said all along that his ceiling is Alex Smith and he's got a LONG way to go before he gets close to that.

17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

1/5th of the posts on this thread which has over 500 posts are by you. So I think you might be the crazy one.

He really can't throw the deep ball that well. The one interception he had the ball kind of sailed on him, but he does a good job of taking what the defense gives him. His Oline was not blocking too well and AD was not doing much.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Bobby hijacks more threads than anyone else on the forum by a wide margin. Just can't help himself. It's one of those things everyone else can see but him.

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Who's making excuses? His o-line play was horrific. When his o-lineman tackled himself, that was a horrible play by that o-lineman. That's not an excuse, just truth.

Why are we talking about Hoyer?

Your contention was that he can't throw long balls. He's not the best at it, but he clearly can at times.

20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Hats off to 49ers defense. They showed up and played well