1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Teddy Bridgewater

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Old Man Rock, Feb 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

nope

the fanbois are simply unwilling to admit to Teddy's negatives.

just look at how the mock drafts are evolving as proof to the fact that others share my concerns. Ted's dropping...

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

You're putting way too much stock in mock drafts and BSPN.

3. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

Yet, all you do is say he's waaayy too small, and played a weak conference schedule. 2 things that haven't been proven to actually affect his success in the NFL.

If not Teddy (since he comes with so many red flags), then who?

4. bigtexxx

I've long said I wanted Clowney

and you're exaggerating "waaaaay".

5. primtim24

Maybe I read it so much, that in my mind it just said "waaaaay"

Man, that's from less than 2 days of posting in 1 thread......What are you going to do if he shows up to the combine at 6'3 215+????

6. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

dont understand bortles love. its like hes the one player that you know is pretty bad but people will say "i like that guy" with no research just to have a different opinion. I can see why manziel and clowney has hype but bortles makes no sense to me

7. bigtexxx

you didn't prove anything

I said he had a small frame for a 1-1 pick

why didn't you highlight the post where I said he's a good player?

come on, son. please do better

8. primtim24

Because I never found those "son". All I found was a few baseless "I heard this guy at my office say" type of arguments. Quite honestly the things you question about Teddy B, those can possibly concern some people, but if you have concerns about those, then you must be terrified of a guy like Jadeveon who's question marks come between the ears.

Between his motor on the field, his speed off of it, and his "lack of production", I'm not sure how you can question TB but not him. Now I do agree that he's a phenomenal prospect, I just think his question marks concern me a little more than TB's do.

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Since when did size matter when it comes to draft position? So he wouldn't be small for a second round pick? :confused:

Teddy B isn't dropping, btw. You'll see that when he's selected first overall.

10. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

I'm just curious, if we make a trade to Cleveland, and Bridgewater was still available at 4th pick, would everyone be happy?

*assuming JFF, Bortles, and Clowney gone.

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I'll be happy with BoB's decision, period.

Most people wanna be proved right. Idc about that. I just want what's best for the team and I believe that Teddy B is the best pick.

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I see where your'e going but in reality that scenario would never happen. Teddy will go to Jacksonville if we trade out and Cleveland take Manziel.

But if that (Teddy becomes available at #4) were to ever happen, I still don't think people will be appeased.

13. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

I couldn't agree more. I think when you're the top pick for awhile, you paint yourself a bigger target for critics to address your flaws.

In the end I trust BoB to pick the right player.

14. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

The thing is Bigtex, there is a thread called Clowney vs Bridgewater. Take that debate over there. If you've got negatives about Bridgewater fine. But we know you don't like him or his size or the conference he played in. Try to add something new to the negative side. And keep it civil. That goes for everyone.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I agree, but I also disagree, because ultimately... why is Bill O'Brien's opinion so much better than Kubiak's, Smith's or Phillips'? Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, we don't know yet. Strange to want to follow him blindly.

16. bigtexxx

I was asked specifically who I wanted. So I answered

you aren't the forum police. I'm actually surprised you didn't get this thing locked up after restarting a locked thread...

17. Old Man Rock

I won't be happy with his decision no matter what. I have watched too much video on TB. If he comes in at 6 ft runs a 4.8 weighs 195 and has 7 inch hands then everything I watched is an illusion and yes let's draft someone else. But if his measurements are closer to 6'3" - 220 - 4.5 than choosing Teddy Bridgewater is a no brainer to me.

His footwork and pocket presence is also off the charts. That's what people miss. Yes arm strength is a skill and running is a skill but so is footwork and pocket presence. I would argue the later or even more valuable.

Just look at these two plays and compare them with Andrew Luck in the last play.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The footwork is not even close. Bridgewater wins hands down. Yes I know it's college vs Pros and no real comparison. But watch video of Luck in college, his feet not any better. He get's less pressure but when he does you see the same results. Luck can not move his feet like TB. And the other top college QB's like Cam Newton and RGIII fair no better.

So if BO'B doesn't select TB I will be disappointed and I will think less of him for it. But I am as sure as I can be that he will want Bridgewater after watches film. I believe he is a lot smarter about football than me and he will do his homework and already has done a lot. I believe TB is already on the top of his board and someone or thing will have to come hard to knock him off. The only exception would be if he gets some blockbuster offer that McNair can't say no to.

And that's before the interview. I believeduring the interview O'Brien will grill him like a congressional hearing and put him at the whiteboard. And I believe that will even impress BO'B even more. So I will be very surprised if BO'B doesn't select TB. And yes disappointed.

I am convinced this kid is off the board football smart. And

2 people like this.
  18. Old Man Rock

Okay BigTexxx just do what you want.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm open to anything but honestly if the Texans draft one of the QB's in this class with the first overall pick I'll be a lot more pessimistic about the future of the team. Using that high of a pick on anything less than a future top tier QB would be a disaster and IMO there aren't any in this class.

20. Remii

Remii Member

I honestly don't think O'Brien has complete control of the #1 pick and why should he when he's never built anything. It's not like he's coming in on "Chip Kelly's" level were he can make demands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.