1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Teddy Bridgewater

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Old Man Rock, Feb 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meh

meh Contributing Member

Actually, my opinions on Bridgewater has changed dramatically and I use this thread to kind of get news on him. I originally wanted him 1-1, but I don't believe every journalist out there is getting bad info from teams about him not being a top prospect here. The more I read, the more I feel this is not the year to be reaching for QBs. If the Texans don't like anyone that much, I prefer they take Clowney and either take a flyer on someone later, or just wait another year. BOB was just hired. No need for him to put all his eggs in one basket.

2. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Contributing Member

I wouldn't have a major problem with it, but I would question the logic. If the Texans think he will be top 10 at his position in a few years, then they should probably take him 1-1.

If they don't think he will be top 10, why would you take a middle to below average QB at 2-1?

Because Bridgewater played in a pro-style offense, I think it's easier to translate your evaluation of him. I could see Bortles or Manziel at 2-1 because you could pass on them at 1-1 based on risk versus upside potential. The uncertainty of mapping their college performance to the NFL makes if difficult to have high confidence.

That upside potential might be too much to pass up at 2-1.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well you take Teddy there because that's about where he should be drafted. If you take him at #1, you are reaching on him, taking him in the 2nd, you are actually getting really good value out of the pick. He might become nothing but an average QB who struggles with injury, but in the 2nd you can take that kind of risk, not in the 1st.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>&quot;Teddy didn't really know too much about the difference between cover 2 and 2 man.&quot; - <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Houston&amp;src=hash">#Houston</a> DB Trevon Stewart on Bridgewater. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Texans&amp;src=hash">#Texans</a></p>&mdash; James Palmer (@JPalmerCSN) <a href="https://twitter.com/JPalmerCSN/statuses/457238043603501056">April 18, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Teddy B. was one of the many solid QBs UH's defense made look mediocre this year. So, while it's concerning they were able to bumfuzzle him so badly, it's not like it was an isolated incident. (Please stay, Coach Gibbs :()

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

As much as he plays Madden, I'd think he'd have that down.

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

yeah that seems ridiculous. If Madden is correct, then even I know the difference only because I play Madden.

Cover 2 is fully a zone defense

2-man is a man defense with 2 safeties in zone coverage up top

8. Remii

Remii Member

Unlike on Madden "real" NFL defenses do a better job at disguising coverages and it's not like Teddy played a lot of good defenses in college. Just the same I don't see that as a major knock against Teddy but it is a shot at his "football IQ" who many rave about.

9. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

How soon we forget UH's DC raved about how Teddy did in that game and based it on film.
    in the story from the chronicle.

See @ChronBrianSmith's inside look at Bortles, Bridgewater and Manziel, through the eyes of defensive coordinators: houstonchronicle.com/sports/texans/…

A DC would trump a player in football. They are the person doing the game planning.

10. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I watched that game, and thought that Teddy played pretty freaking well. Some posters were under the impression that he sucked it up, but the guy just did what the defense gave to him.

11. Remii

Remii Member

Yea. I noticed Blake gets that same treatment when it comes to the Baylor game... And the Louisville game... And the Penn State game... I guess it's just a big coincidence that defenses decide to play bad when Blake shows up and he's just Lucky.

But if the reports of Rick Smith wants Teddy are true. I wonder if that's with the #1 pick or does he like him at a different draft position....

12. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Teddy Bridgewater will visit <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Texans&amp;src=hash">#Texans</a> next week. Per source, Bridgewater also is working out for the Jaguars. Previously visited Jax, too.</p>&mdash; Tania Ganguli (@taniaganguli) <a href="https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/statuses/457183144412983296">April 18, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Now it's on. O'Brien will fall in love with him.

14. Old Man Rock

I don't know? Teddy might just not be his kind of guy. Still all this BS about the Texans locked on Clowney is just that. Now reports are Clowney says he will consider another workout. Why would he do that and why would the Texans bring in Bridgewater if it was a done deal. Not saying they won't end up picking up Clowney and drafting a QB in the second. But Bridgewater is on someone's mind in the org.

I still want the Texans to pick a QB number 1 and I believe TB is the best QB to play in the nfl out of this draft and Mel Kiper is stupid to think he might drop to second round. I guarantee he will not. In fact I will come back on here and admit I don't know **** about the draft if he goes beyond Tennessee. No way all of Houston, Jacksonville, Cleveland , Atlanta, Minny and the Titans pass on him. He will not get pass number 11 Tennessee. I'd bet on that. But I wouldn't bet on Houston taking him. Don't know about O'brien.

Oh and here's the full Gruden camp on Bridgewater. He seems to love him. Yeah I know he seems to love almost all of his guys. But not all to this degree and considering that 14 out of 29 of his guys started for a good portion of last year I think he has a pretty good batting average. In a nutshell, he thinks Bridgewater is smart and tough and young. And will grow and improve.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NZ9ZxvnOJkU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

He should be on their mind especially if he falls to them in the 2nd round. Or if they do like him enough to trade up for him if he falls into the 20's.

16. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Sounds like Trevon was just talking S**t, I mean under what circumstances would he be quizzing Teddy on his football knowledge?

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

/Matt Schaub'd

18. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

That's the look of a man with a boner.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NZ9ZxvnOJkU?start=751" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. Old Man Rock

Anyone who thinks he's going to drop to the second round hasn't watched any film on him or is just football dumb. Mel Kiper is an idiot. If the Texans really TB is their guy then they better draft him while they can. He will never make it to the second round.

20. HPD

HPD Member

Teddy bridgewater=$mallhands

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.