1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Team USA vs. San Antonio Spurs in a 7 game series

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Sep 11, 2014.

?

Who will win in a 7 game series?

1. Spurs

66 vote(s)
    39.1%
  2. Team USA

103 vote(s)
    60.9%
  1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LMAO LMAO LMAO

No...just no...

2. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

with Pop the Spors would win any contest about being serious

i read the question as current team USA without a 82 game season playing the Spors.....i think it would be tight

comes down to number of weapons for team USA and their atrocious defense (especially on the perimeter) versus Spors chemistry and defense.... parker might average over 40 in this series

Spors in 7

3. Jt29

Jt29 Member

I thought joakim noah is french?

4. baubo

baubo Member

No. You seemed to have made one hypothetical that doesn't really make sense. You are basically saying this current team playing the post-season Spurs. But that's a stupid comparison. The Spurs were designed for the purpose of playing 7-game series. This USA team was designed to be a summer workout for its players for the purpose of being a temporary team until they all go back to their day jobs of being NBA players.

If we truly are to compare the two teams, wouldn't it make sense that they both prepare for the same goal. Specifically to play 7-game series vs. other NBA talent instead of a foreign tournament?

5. Jt29

Jt29 Member

The OP needs to clarify, which Team USA is he referring? The original dream team 92? This team USA playing in Spain right now or the first strings of team USA with KD, LBJ, CP3 n howard?

I think spurs only chance is to win this team USA with james harden hogging the ball for 20 seconds n play no D.

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Pop wishes he was Coach K.

7. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

I voted spurs as I translated this to mean the US team that just played in the FIBA tournament.

Very small team and limited defense and chemistry and general I feel would likely lose to the well-oiled and trained machine that the spurs are atm.

8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Noah is French

9. PhiSlammaJamma

If Harden gets a heated car seat, usa in romp.

10. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Spurs would definitely win against Team USA if they had Bruce Bowen, Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobli, Tony Parker and David Robinson in their respective primes. As deep as the Spurs are in a best of 7 series Team USA would be way too tough to beat. Their depth would be the key to wearing out the Spurs.

I'm also assuming you mean the current team USA squad and not the gold medal winning team in 2012 because that team would edge the Spurs (even with all those players I mentioned even in their primes). Even the Spurs can't contain a guard line up of Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Kobe Bryant, James Harden and Russell Westbrook. Then they would have to somehow contain Carmelo, LeBron James, Kevin Love, and Kevin Durant? (other players not mentioned, Tyson Chandler, Andre Iguodala, and Anthony Davis)

Put the current Team USA squad vs the current Spurs squad and the Spurs might have a chance. No way Team USA would get that many easy fast break points against a well disciplined Spurs team.

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Je suis désolé!

Cousins, Al Jefferson, Deandre....

12. torocan

torocan Member

Today's Team USA vs Today's Spurs? The Spurs would slaughter them.

Give today's Team USA 30 or 40 games of play time to work out their chemistry? Team USA would probably have a small edge.

Team USA with 1 or 2 years of time to work out the kinks? They would be favored to beat the spurs.

This isn't 2k14. You don't just throw 15 guys together and beat an experienced championship roster. On defense alone they'd get killed, and against a veteran top 5 defense they wouldn't have the chemistry or familiarity to maximize their advantages.

Saying that Team USA out of the gate would kill the Spurs is like thinking you can take the best 2 singles tennis players in the world, put them together on the court tomorrow against the Wimbledon doubles champions and think that they're going to win.

Chemistry counts. Familiarity counts. Reps count.

13. rockettes

rockettes Rookie

spurs suck
    go team usa

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

You put a value on chemistry way disproportionate with reality, depth and talent will win out when it's that different.

15. rockettes

rockettes Rookie

am i lost or something?
    this place sounds like a spurs forum

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Two months is nothing. That's not enough time to develop any type of NBA-playoff quality team defense, or well-oiled rotation

And this idea that our best USA teams are our superstars is counter to the whole reason Coach K took over after we got beat: The Dream Team was special. It doesn't mean we can field a team of only superstars.

Y'all know that.

I think this silly trend in NBA Dish to post "Would Spain win the NBA Finals" and such non-sense has thrown y'all off of reason. USA can't beat an NBA Champion with two months practice, either.

And this has nothing to do with the Spurs. I'll take any NBA Champion over USA every year. Especially if you field a team with only superstars.

This isn't 2K14. Defense wins.

#36 heypartner, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Yeah I have to agree.

Overwhelming advantage in talent and talented depth. Chemistry and familiarity means so much more when there is a lack of talent.

Team USA would have a talent advantage at just about every single rotation spot. Some of those talent disparities being huge.

Really wish Spain wouldn't have choked. I see them as a good comp to the spurs. SOME high end talent, though nothing close to what we have, but with more chemistry and familiarity. Then again I don't think they stood a chance either.

18. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Team USA have too many game changer that can get hot.
    And Spurs struggle against mobile bigs.

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

harden is spurs kryptonite

20. downbytheriver

What? Lebron retired from Team USA. KD too , most likely. I think the OP meant the current Team USA, with no Paul, KD, LeBron or Howard.

Answer is Spurs in 4.