1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Team of Rejects and Failures

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NewAge, Oct 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewAge

NewAge Member

I am reading now the NBA sites and media and seeing how many are jumping on our bandwagon, talking Finals, "championship contenders", etc. Me don't like it!!
    I want the media to bash, ridicule, and slam the Rockets.

You don't become a champion without having the edge that comes with playing with a chip on your shoulder.

Those of us old enough to remember the championship years know very well that "Clutch City" was born from "Choke City".

LBJ did not win a title before being ridiculed for the Decision.

MJ had to INVENT slights and disses in his head, to get him rolling.

Here's what I want to hear more:

Our C/PF is a big immature baby, who is also too stupid for basketball, and has no judgement whatsoever.

Our SG is a 6th man whose team did not want to pay as a star and traded him away for Steven Adams and Jeremy Lamb.

Our PG could not get a Div-I scholarship, could not get drafted, was cut by three teams before a lucky meaningless stretch of few weeks on a mediocre team that got overhyped to death.

Our other PG was a second rounder who could not make it in the NBA and is Russia-league material.

Our SF is a pretty boy who got passed over in the first round; good for teenage magazines, not good for basketball.

Our C is a reserve whose team let him go for nothing, instead of matching a salary that equals that of a Marcus Thornton (yes, there is an NBA player with that name who makes $8.3M per year)

Our reserve G/F was a salary filler/throw-in in a trade that got us a prospect, who we later traded for a few second round picks.

Our other reserve F is a first round bust, who barely played for a 24-58 Cavs team...

Championship? What championship?

2. astros123

astros123 Member

take a deep breath bro

3. Willard Decker

I'm inclined to blame this post on Halloween and look to tomorrow evening.

--Captain Decker

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

we don't draft high, so we have traded for, or signed, a lot of our players. Of course we're going to have a lot of players that were rejected at some point or failed. You don't see Lebron leaving now, do you? Those guys don't leave.

5. Panda23

Panda23 Member

YOU MUST BE FUN AT PARTIES

6. steady

steady Member

:) Cat's out of the bag I'm afraid given how well the Rockets played in the preseason. I was hoping too that they would go under the radar for more of the season. But they were just too good.

I had been wondering how long it would take the national media to catch on ... The Rockets are underdogs no longer. They're just going to have to face that. :)

7. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

If your theory is correct

How do you repeat a championship?

8. Rokman

Rokman Member

You tell them they only won because Jordan had retired.

1 person likes this.
  9. NewAge

NewAge Member

1 person likes this.
  10. Reach

Reach Member

Don't you dare call my hero/god Jeremy a failure. Do it again and I'll bring a horde of like-minded individuals to this board, thereby making it unbelievably annoying to read. I'm warning you.

11. rocketblood713

The bandwagon has gotten full I think all we can do as fans is temper our expectations take game by game lets take it down a notch so this team and fans don't get too cocky

12. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

so far from our play, we are starting to convince more and more people that our team is legit... but is still get tons of ridicule...
    i.e.
    1. Asik and Howard's offense.
    2. Starting Beverly instead of Lin.
    3. they still question our youth.

these stuff will linger till we win a championship

13. Defy9

Defy9 Member

MAKE HIM STOP!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE HIM STOPPPPPPPPP!

14. matthewsq

matthewsq Member

I think it's actualy LOH who are ruining the board. Bashing Lin and his fans every time they have a chance. Give it a rest. It's not funny

15. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

I came here as a Lin fan myself, but over the last 48-72 hours I haven't seen any LOHs starting stuff or creating threads to bash Lin... mostly LOFs creating unnecessary threads about Lin because he is now coming off the bench...

16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

seriously we b**** when overlooked and we b**** when given "JVG" seal of approval.............I mean what the fawk. :rolleyes::eek:

17. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

I like it.

Team, ya'll suck. Go prove me wrong.

18. NewAge

NewAge Member

Those are different posters. The question is: do you care about the yakitty-yak of the talking heads, or do you care about championship.

My point is that the media adulation may hurt our edge, it always does. Smart teams and smart coaches, like Bellichik for example, actively search for slights, "nobody believes in us" material, etc. to keep their team's edge.

19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I feel you BUT I also feel that if you are not innately driven to crush your opponent, bust your azz possession after possession, guard the ball and the rim, play team ball/win a championship on the basis of being a highly paid professional (instead of needing bulletin-board motivation).......that is messed up kind of like this disgusting run on sentence I have typed here today.

#19 Tfor3, Nov 1, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  20. fangtiago

fangtiago Member

Criticism does not always lead to improvement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.