1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Team chemistry improved so easily

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Nov 4, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

LMAO, this pretty much sums it up :grin:

2. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Maybe his "glue" is what made the ball "sticky".

3. YallMean

YallMean Member

Yes. Good chemistry. I like how Papa has been passing, Ariza has been taking good shots. I see I.Cann and Papa are developing. Man, I love this.

4. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

No matter how you spin it, Parsons was a sore disappointment defensively after his rookie season. I still do not know if Harden's new found defensive intensity is due to commitment on his side or being surrounded at the one and three by serious defensive players. Would it even matter?

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't want to be a downer. But I'll wait till Ariza's shooting cools off a bit and see how things go. He is not going to shoot 60% 3pt average the whole season long. When the shooting is not there, will it still be a happy family? We'll see.

On the defensive side, Ariza is obviously superior to Parsons. And Beverley is Beverley. What I want to see is whether Harden's apparent new commitment to playing defense will last. If he goes back to last two season's form, will the blame game rear its head?

As someone has said, winning cures a lot of things. Ariza's shooting will inevitably come down to earth. Harden's defense may or may not continue. I see these two things as major keys to team chemistry.

One definitely positive ingredient is the emergence of Papa. He is a better play maker than Parsons. He actually solves my biggest concern about our offense: A second play maker after Harden.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

What came first, the chemistry or the good play?

I think it was the chemistry. Ariza and Harden are really cool with each other and I think they were excited with the idea of playing together. I dont doubt Ariza will cool off, but that's still going to probably be close to 40%, which is still great.

The blame game is the petty stuff I was referring to. It's different when you're playing with guys you're cool with on a deeper level. Rather than blaming and pointing fingers, you can go directly to them and work it out.

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Don't forget about Jason Terry either. The guy has been a huge presence off the bench, and in the locker room. He's been fantastic so far.

8. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Chemistry? We here sitting 5-0 and ya'll here talkin about chemistry. SMH.

9. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Parsons was just thinking about getting paid last year too

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Point well taken, but the team is only shooting 44% from three, which is still high but not off the charts. Papanikolaou will bring his average up, and Daniels is only at .175 right now.

Ariza's 60% only equates to seven extra threes above 40%; imagining this season minus seven threes from Ariza is not so horrific.

11. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

I think team composition is part of it on both sides; Harden on offense isn't going ISO 1 on 5 as much, he's taking his shots when there but also distributing to his more reliable three point shooting team mates, so he's perhaps not expending as much energy on offense, allowing him more energy on defense to go with his vow to step up his d-game.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

How is the team chemistry nowadays?

cyberx just said that Ariza was being a dick.

13. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Doesn't matter, being a dick is good sometimes, though I hope things are not going well behind closed doors because we need a lot of changes, from top to bottom!

14. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

CH is an idiot.

15. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

probably bc he gave kobe that and 1

16. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

that and 1 was BS. Kobe stuck his leg out and Ariza tripped on it. Just a joke.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

ariza fouled him and he knew it. just a bad decision on his part on that play

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

But he didn't say to whom....

My guess is, to the media or in general, not necessarily to his teammates

19. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

At least Ariza hates to lose.

Maybe he was pissed off at Black for taking that last shot. And he knew that Harden iso at the end of games that McHale drew up is no good.

20. omgTHEpotential

Oh wow. Priceless.