1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Teacher Hospitalized after Student Punches Him

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by primtim24, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The question is . . . even if it is .. . will he be tried as an Adult

Rocket River

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

England is already like that. It's definitely coming sooner than later.

This thread is so, so sad. At least the teaching profession used to feel safe.

3. Classic

Classic Member

In no situation should you be hit 7 times and still have no legal grounds to hit back. Absurd.

I graduated from that district and it's sad to see what it has become. It has also now been infiltrated by HISD rejects who employ Chicago style bullying and politics on the internal staff. The school board is quitting and is being replaced by those friendly to the regime. This district is hopeless and worse is the Exxon Mobile campus is sitting within the Spring ISD tax base. They'll have tons of $ and Westfield and Spring will only get worse with a schmoozey board that will let a dictator and his cronies run the district into the ground.

4. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

I see a future for this kid in mma... or prison.

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

maybe prison mma?

6. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

The teacher will probably be reprimanded for repeatedly putting his face in the way of that Honor student's fist!...:eek:

All sarcasm aside, that teacher deserves to be commended! I WANT to say that would've reacted the same way, but my gut feeling is that if that happened to me, I'd probably be in a boat load of trouble right now. That young man hopefully does a 180', or he'll be behind bars/casket sooner than you think!

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Or maybe a Spring ISD board member.

1 person likes this.
  8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

That's not kprc's YT account...the ending was added by someone else.

9. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Was that TMZ style ending really part of the actual news broadcast ?

10. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

What would Adrian Peterson do?

1 person likes this.
  11. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

That's the big takeaway for me too. He should definitely be commended/rewarded for maintaining his calm demeanor, but yet and still, how can he not legally be able to "defend himself".....smh

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I guess I missed it, but how does he not have legal grounds to defend himself?

Also, how did those punches land him in the hospital? Maybe it was just precautionary. That teacher could have just grabbed that kid and probably controlled him. The kid looked about 150.

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

That teacher has one heck of a chin....too that sucker punch like a champ...

Hope the kid gets charged as an adult, and that substitute sues the kid and family for everything they are worth(ie hospital bills, etc)

14. Summer Song Giver

Public lashings in front of a school full of his peers, serves two purposes.

**** these little hooligans.

15. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I would have smashed that kid (and gone to jail no doubt). Much respect to Mr. Cooper for not losing his cool.

16. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Contributing Member

When I was in Elementary school, we would have a weekly conduct report that we had to take home and have our parents sign. They ranged from E (excellent), S (satisfactory), I can't remember the other one but the last and worst one was U (unsatisfactory). One day i arrived with a U conduct rating and my mom viciously beat me with a belt all over my butt and my back. Mostly because I tried to hide it from her as long as I could. Of course, it was awful, but looking back, I'm glad she beat me because it made me fear and respect my teachers and never again did I get a U rating.And I carried that all thru high school. Kids these days just make me shake my head....punch your teacher? Come on man.......

17. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

Sad what's happened to that district. I graduated from Spring High in 1991, and my father was on the school board for 6 years. He left before the board started getting stacked with cronies, and I know it pains him to see how far the schools have fallen.

18. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

What are you trying to say here? The parent was right....

19. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I have friends who graduated from Spring ISD and they all say Spring High is the only okay high school. Westfield is bad and Dekaney is especially bad, according to them. Everyone else ran to Klein or Conroe ISDs.

20. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

That near adult resorted to violence to avoid answering questions on a piece of paper; I don't think that DVD had any alternate endings.