1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TEA Party Poll: You'll never guess what groups of people they have issues with

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Oski2005, Jun 2, 2010.

1. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

No wonder overnight politicans like Rand Paul and druggie Tim D'Annunzio have gained so much support from disenfranchised white people. Only they can reverse this liberal trend and restore the principals of our Founding Fathers, back to the days when slavery was all the rage and homosexuality didn't exist.

LMAO!!!

Now that's TAKIN" THE CUNTRY BACK!!!

2. Anticope

Anticope Member

So you're saying that the Democrats do not support healthcare, immigration and financial reform? Maybe you should actually try to present information that disputes Major's claims instead of just chalking it up to "liberal bias." But you won't, you will just keep on accusing everyone on the other side of being blindly partisan, when it's actually you who is the most partisan of all.

BTW, just because you don't know what any of the political parties stand for, it doesn't mean that no one else is capable of knowing.

3. SunsRocketsfan

umm first off if you look up Democrat on wikipedia you are not going to find anything major just pointed out. Also at the same time you can argue the Republicans are also for healthcare, immigration and financial reform. Can you deny that? They just have different view points. Major made a blatant partisan biased post which I didn't want to take the time to respond to. It was all just typical liberal talking points.

4. SunsRocketsfan

What claims have I made here? The only thing I claimed was the article posted by the OP is biased crap, which it is. The other thing I claimed was the Tea Party's original core beliefs even though not official documented, was based on fiscal responsibility, lower taxes and less government involvement.

Major then goes and spews some liberal talking point crap and suggests Democrats are all God's and Republicans are all evil. If you want to believe that crap then go ahead.

5. mc mark

Yes, for 12 years between 96 and 08 republicans had the majority in congress and never once tried to reform healthcare, immigration or the financial industry.

Can you deny that?

6. Anticope

Anticope Member

Get out of here with your liberal bias!

1 person likes this.
  7. SunsRocketsfan

Wow more skewing of data and only looking at one side.

Lets take a look. Who was president from 96 to 2000? Why it was a Democrat known as Bill Clinton. OK now lets look at 2000-2008 when Bush was in the white house. I admit he had control of both houses from 2000-2004. But something called 9/11 happened in that time frame. Agree with his politics or his decision to go to war or not he had a crisis to deal with. From 2004-2008 the Senate was controlled by the Democrats.

So of the 12 years you just claimed the Republicans could do anything 8 of those years were also opposed by Democrats.

Also what is your idea of healthcare reform? and Immigration Reform? what i have heard from the Democrats is laughable. Basically give everyone free healthcare and have someone else pay for it? Immigration reform? Let's grant everyone amnesty to all those illegals and make them legal so they can get healthcare?? Sometimes not doing anything is better than doing something.

Also I will grant you that the Republicans should have done a bit more on Immigration Reform. But you know it is such a sensitive topic that any proposal is going to be met with strong opposition. Look at the Arizona law as an example.

Also a lot of the financial melt down had nothing to do with Republicans or even Democrats. Both parties were in control and both parties turned a blind eye on deregulation and crap which started in the Clinton years with Greenspan as the Fed chair.

8. mc mark

thanks for playing, next

9. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Like the part about "hate and anger" being a core value of the tea-partiers?

10. Major

Major Member

Given that Democrats clearly support health care reform, and I can state, with 100% factual clarity, that your statement here is an outright lie. Which brings up the question - why do you feel the need to lie to make your claims?

11. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Could have sworn that was the GOP's core values.

Oh right you can't have more fiscal responsibility and lower taxes unless you have healthcare reform, more regulation in the financial sector and less spending on defense.

Can't see a teabagger going for that.

Less government intervention? Right unless it's who you can marry, whether you can have an abortion, and basic profiling/illegal search and seizure in AZ.

The teabaggers are no different than the GOP. Same old rhetoric with the same well documented hypocrisy.

12. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Every post you make is just another poor attempt to shift the goalpost. It would be aggravating if it was not so comically obvious as of late.

13. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Nooo not a rational post, my eyes my eyes!

We certainly can't have less taxes, fewer wars, and less hypocrisy. I'm basically an anarchist, but libertarianism is the next best thing.

And yup, this is just more partisan drivel and smearing. People will just join sides and fight until the bitter end regardless of what the big picture is.

14. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Shocking. I am also a big fan of the University's other famous studies, "This Water May Be Wet" and "Grass And The Color Green: A Possible Connection?".

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

im some kind of weird twist as humanity gets smarter it gets dumber. its very confusing.

16. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Depends how you define 'smarter', I guess. The world is turning into an unnatural state where our DNA is not really programmed to handle it all, so we get put into some sort of trance and no longer think rationally.

I'd imagine that those ancestors of ours who were able to survive off of the land and take care of large families were smarter in a way, because they learned not to trust big government and had to be intelligent and self-sufficient, otherwise they died. When a man no longer has to worry about a drought or famine killing him off, he becomes complacent.

Only my opinion, but I think we're seeing a lot of adults nowadays who haven't mentally 'grown up', yet think they have because of social conditioning and their age. They rely on their government and corporations to take care of them, which is historically an obvious disaster waiting to happen.

A frog will never jump into a boiling pot of water no matter what you put inside it, but if you put a few tempting treats into a lukewarm pot and slowly turn the temperature up, it will never notice once its jumped in.

#36 Red Chocolate, Jun 3, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  17. mc mark

Sen. Orrin Hatch KICKS IT UP A NOTCH!

Hatch: ‘Gays and lesbians don’t pay tithing, their religion is politics.’

Sen. Orrin Hatch’s (R-UT) has been trying to have it both ways with the volatile Tea Party in Utah, on the one hand justifying their anger but also chastising them for not listening to the GOP. This week at a town hall meeting at Utah’s Dixie State College, Hatch again highlighted this dichotomy. Tea partiers “are good, honest, descent people, but out of anger should not disrupt the few GOP [candidates] who can win,” he said. Saying the GOP at large needs to get better organized, Hatch pointed to successful progressive efforts. He suggested the GOP would be at a disadvantage as a movement because gay rights activists, for example, are religiously devoted to politics: