1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Taylor Reinjures Ankle!?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DCkid, Oct 24, 2002.

1. JR

JR Contributing Member

Jeff, you are quite the authority on, among other things, high ankle sprains and now tweaked, surgically repaired ankles, and many other medical problems that Rocket players have suffered in the past. Are you a doctor? Or did you just stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

2. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Well, if it was just a minor tweak, then okay. But, when I read things like "Taylor has been hobbled by the bum ankle all of training camp," I start to get worried. I knew he was having soreness, but I thought he was out of the proverbial woods. It doesn't sound like his ankle has ever felt good since it was injured over a year ago.

I always knew there was a chance he may never fully recover from that type of injury, but I haven't really been thinking about it. I've just been assuming he's going to be able to play this season. After reading he's been having problems all through training camp, I'm becoming more aware of the possibility he could miss the season (or a good portion of it) again...that sucks.

3. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

If Mo Taylor's injury were career-threatening or even season-ending threatening, sports writers would be all over it like piranha on a blood-soaked carcass. Don't worry, be happy.

4. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Thankfully this post isn't necessary anymore! :D

#24 RocksMillenium, Oct 24, 2002
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2002
  5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Coming back from an achilles injury like Mo's is worse than an ACL. Especially when you consider Mo's size along with contant running and jumping on a hardfloor. Donavan Bailey (track star) did the same thing in a pick-up game, he came back but he wasn't the same. Just one example and Bailey was older when it happened. I don't want to sound all negative with this post i'm just wondering how well Mo's ankle healed strength wise and how he is mentally with the injury. Which has got to be scary/painful as hell. This is exactly why KT was not traded hopefully he'll heal quick. Goodluck Mo!

6. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

My point exactly...the bum ankle (which , by the way, he sprained about 1000 times when he was with the Clipps) coupled with trying to recover from the worst possible injury a basketball player (or any athlete for that matter) could suffer is going to make for a very rouhg road for Mo. Therefore, be happy with 10 and 4 since he wont be starting anyway.

EDIT: Rocks...when I said 'Mo's done', what I meant was that his career, as pathetic as it has been, will never be the same thanks to the achilles injury

7. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Actually, I have a lot of experience with medical stuff. I studied both massage therapy and alternative medicine. I still have my massage therapy and studied alternative medicine for 5 years. In addition, I have several friends who are do rehab work. I spent almost a year in rehab for a severely injured back in my 20's and learned a LOT from people at the time about back, knee and ankle injuries.

Oh, and one of my hobbies is collecting scar tissue from athlete injuries and saving it in pickle jars. Did I say too much?

:D

8. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Damn, NJ, I've never seen a Rocket fan root so hard for a player to suck or be hurt. That's kinda sad.

9. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

DCKid,

Have you noticed how unbalanced MoT's body is?

Big uptop, and small legs below.

He amost looks like one of thoes chicken-leg body builders.

It's no wonder why he keeps putting too much stress on his
    ankles.

KT should have a great season because of his reduced weight, and
    strenght training. He doesn't have all that bulk that MoT has.

10. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

Ok so when are Morris, Norris, Thomas, and Taylor comming back?

11. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Nothing teaches you about injuries like recovering from them yourselves!

12. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

Maybe I was too harsh in the way I said that...I dont mean to root against him...because I certainly hope he helps us win. Its just that until he proves that he can contribute, I'll always be a pessimist when it comes to Mo.

To be honest, the only thing I am rooting against is him stealing minutes away from guys like Griff and KT just to justify his paycheck.

I hope he succeeds and recovers 100%, I just don' think it'll happen

13. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

I hope Mo gets better but I'm kinda with NJRocket on this one, its hard to root for a guy who misses games cause he smokes weed, and consistantly lets himself get overweight.

When you have people trying to trade a guy like Kenny Thomas who works his a$$ off and gets in better and better shape and constantly improves to play whatever roll the coach asks him to.

I have a hard time with MoT but wish him the best cause he is a Rocket and we got a lot invested in him.

14. RocDreamer

RocDreamer Contributing Member

EG Is the future at the 4. But get well soon anyway Mo. We do still need ya.

15. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

If Mo can get us 2 rbg...

and Steve is healthy
    and Griffin is healthy
    and Ming is healthy
    and Mobley is healthy
    and we get some decent production at the three

and if Mo can get us 2 rbg, he'll be a core contributor to the Rockets going to the playoffs (again, if Steve, Eddie, Ming and Mobley are healthy and we get occassional production from the 3).

:cool:

16. Allstarmobley

Allstarmobley Member

Will the Rox put Maurice Taylor on the injured reserve? How long is he supposed to be out?

17. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

He's not out due to injury. He could have played last night but they just wanted to rest him. He will miss the first five games due to the suspension he received last season, but none due to injury.

18. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Maybe some medicinal mar1juana will help, as rockHead suggested. Taylor will have like a 1.5 weeks to rest, which should help. Meanwhile, Griffin will get most of the minutes. I see a frontcourt of Cato, Mind, and Griffin sometime in the next few weeks.

19. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

????

Yeah, that'll get him suspended for the entire season! Good idea - - - are you by chance a Jazz fan??

20. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

I was really doubtful that MO T will go on the season without being sideline with the same related injuries on the ankle. Just like I said last summer that he will need to rehabilitate his ankle for at least a year.

Anyone remember the injuries that Grant hill sustained, why it prevent him from playing for nearly two years.

I really think that MO T is done for the season.