1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Taylor Must Go

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LongTimeFan, Jan 10, 2005.

1. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

After watching Taylor mix with this year's group, it's become obvious to me that he just needs to go. Forget his contract, how much he's overpaid, how much he doesn't rebound -- it's not about any of that. It's his mentality.

The other game when Yao got his sixth foul in LA, Taylor was right there with Yao on the call. I expected Taylor to immeaditely raise his hand and try to get the call called on him. Yeah... right. That pissed me off more than anything. You always raise your hand, trying to get the clal changed to you if one of your stars is about to foul out. Simply ridiculous.

On top of that, I'm tired of watching Taylor trying to slide over and take charges, or make touch calls. A guy goes in for a wide open layup -- you could either a) leave him alone for the easy 2 or b) foul him to where he can't get the shot off and make him earn it. Taylor for some reason chooses c), touch him and let go as soon as you hear a whistle. Taylor has given up too many 3-pt plays, and that's also unacceptable out of your power forward. Bobby Sura plays bigger than Taylor does.

When we traded JJ and Boki for Wesley, a lot of this board yelled that it was one of the dumbest trades ever. It turned out to be a smart move, not necessarily because Wesley is a better player than JJ, but that JJ was hindering our improvement. I feel that Taylor is doing the same, just my opinion that he brings a losing mentality into the locker room and we need to get rid of it. I'm tired of reading the robot MoT quotes in the chron every week, they all say the same optimistic stuff -- JJ used to do the same. You can only use excuses for so long.

Get him outta here.

2. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Member

I am one of those that don't feel the trades are dumb...and glad that the trades are happening cuz ROX looks like they just don't have what it takes to win. But now they do with Barry and Wesley.

It's true Taylor suck!! I said this even last year. He is not a fundamental player....just watch him taking those untimely jump shots...it's rediculous.

3. AGBee

AGBee Member

Not gonna hate on Mo too much, but I just had to laugh when Mo made that move that started from outside the 3pt line tonight...

4. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I liked how Mo played in his role last year. This season, though, he just seems like he isn't fitting in. He's currently the most frustrating Rocket to watch, easily, especially since we know what's he capable of.

5. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Yeah MoT is frustrating to watch right now ... I think he is a likeable guy, but his play just doesnt fit in with this team whatsoever.

Then when you add in dumb mistakes like hes been making ... it just multiplies it. I was most frustrated tonight when he fouled someone (Nene?) extremely weakly, and got dunked on easily giving up a 3 pt play. We need an enforcer at the 4 that's gonna make sure they don't have a chance at 3 pts.

6. aries323

aries323 Member

GIve him away to the Nets for the TE. Get it over with. I think Juwon can play much better with more playing time.

7. dookiester

dookiester Member

that's not really all that fair, saying bobby sura plays bigger than mo. bobby plays bigger than yao most of the time too.

8. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Whether it is Mo or Howard, one of our PFs needs to be moved and the other given the majority of the minutes every game. As it is now, both of them are playing way below what they have shown in the past that they are capable of. Trade for a TE if necessary (although I would like to get a draft pick out of him) but it isn't fair to play them each 20 mins a game. Padgett is a good change of pace backup at the 4 and we would still have Spoon, so we won't be suffering for depth. The only reason not to trade one of them now is that when Mo's contract is about to expire, he could actually have some significant value.

9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

That's all Rox have at the 4, depth. No one has asserted himself to be inserted as the starter, mustgettheminutes kind of player.

10. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

I think it is as a result of the trade rumours. Trade rumours does that to many players see Vince Carter for example.

What troubles me the most about Motay is his rebounding. It is one thing to be out rebounded by almost every PF in the league but for guards like Sura to out-rebound you per game? Now that calls for a hearing.

PS. on an unrelated note, Bob Sura is now averaging a cold .190 from 3 point land. Maybe it is time someone let him know it is time to stop shooting them long balls and inch a feet or more closer to the bucket.

#10 Fegwu, Jan 10, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2005
  11. Believe

Believe Contributing Member

Its pretty bad when you hear one of the announcers going on about how "great" a game Mo T had...

10 pts and 3 boards

:mad: :confused: :mad:

By the way Sura plays bigger than anyone on the team:(

12. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Random thought--it's funny that Sura is commended for his play. But on another team, he could be chastised for playing so "big"...because your point generally needs to be one of the guys back preventing the break (or starting it on the other end). We're so desperate for rebounding that that would never come up..

13. Believe

Believe Contributing Member

Good point!

14. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

I like Mo too - and in the East, he would be a good starting PF... I think Howard is earning more mintues (sorry tinman) since he can score with his back to the basket and seems to rebound better than MO (of course Sura rebounds better than Mo too !). I am not a Howard fan, but it would be nice see what he can do in 35 mins a night in this system.

plus that would give Padge about 12-15 mins a night at the backup spot for a different look on the opposing PFs

15. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I'd rather get rid of Howard. He's old, got a long contract, and is no where near the 17 & 7 he once was.

16. Charvo

Charvo Member

Noone is taking Mo's contract unless you take back a significantly bad contract in return.

17. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Motay shot selection is what bugs me. Over the past month he seems obbessed with taking 18 ft. jumper as soon as he get the ball.

The one + he had going for his was his offense, when he would get in the post, now he's negating that by taking all those damn jumpshots. Please get him out of here.

18. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

funny thing is, he can take slower PFs off the dribble, but he settles for that 18 foot shot...

at least if he drives and misses, he can help Yao rebound - when he is at the college 3 area, he is usless on missed shots !

19. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

That's exactly what kills me. His post moves are fairly decent, so why does he take so stupid shots?!?

It's just maddening and me and my wife just cringe ever time he launches another one, game after game.

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

You mean like TThomas? Mo (and Spoon ha ha, back to Knicks) for TT (and Mooch, ha ha, back to H-town)