1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Taylor = Fatty

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff, May 9, 2002.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I thought it was, "No, but she's got a big butt." :D

2. Hydra

Hydra Member

Barkley was over 300 coming out of college. He was invited to try out for the USA basketball team, and many have said that he was the best player there, better than Jordan even. Bob Knight kicked him because of weight and personlity issues. Now, admittedly Mo is no Barkley, but if someone 6'4" can play at 300+ maybe Mo can too. In fact the description some muscle but a lot of ass seems very Barkleyesque. Maybe he can learn to back that ass up and get a post game going, or use his wide load to box out and put up rebounding numbers that are acceptable for a Glen Robinson type small forward.

3. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Broccli was NOT I repeat NOT 300lbs coming out of college. The dude was maybe 230lb-240lb at the most. He was didn't hit 300lbs until he retired.

4. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

You are giving Cato way too much credit. If he cared as much one might think, he would get his arse into the gym.

5. X-PAC

X-PAC Contributing Member

Until I see Mo-Taylor's face on the front of a wheaties box I expect a roleplayer on this team be productive. It was bad enough with his ridiculous injury before the season but this? The pot thing isn't something I would dwell on but with that said it still isn't encouraging to hear. But the weight problem now just really gets me. Every player on this team has the responsibility to show up every game. Each player on this team has the responsibility to protect the organization's assets being themselves. When you hear about players not able to make one game of the season because they injured themselves after playing a pickup game of bball on the playground it really makes you wonder. Talk about adding insult to injury. Am I wrong to be concerned? I think not but thats my two cents on the matter.

6. Rocketblast

Rocketblast Member

Well, at least Eddie Griffin has his work cut out for him next season.

7. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

That report about Mo Taylor is bogus!! I saw him this past Friday at the Walgreens in Katy with his little brother. I talked to him for about five minutes about the up coming season and his rehab status and have you know that he is fully healed and is in shape. About 250 to 260 ish. People should stop believing everything they read because he will in our starting line up next season getting ready to have a great year.

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Let me be the first to say...Welcome to the board, Mo! :D

9. tozai

tozai Member

Eddie is taller than TMo, if someone slouches when they stand they look shorter, so settle down
    Mo is more than an inch taller than KT so settle down
    Mo will be in shape by the time he needs to so settle down
    Talk about overreaction to anything and everything

10. datsmrcb2u

datsmrcb2u Member

sjackson0 isnt entirely incorrect. I'm friends with Mo's younger brother and while Mo is overweight, he is not 70 pounds over. Right now, according to his brother and to my estimates from seeing him (I have to admit, he did look huge), he is around 300 pounds. His bro said that the Rox only want him around 265. Hopefully he can reach that goal with a heavy diet and be ready to play this season.

11. Sane

Sane Member

Now I'm starting to get a sense of the whole issue. Mo was 300, and now he's probably around 290. He's going down, and will reach a playing weight of 270 till training camp, and shed another 10 pounds as the season progresses. That's how it looks.

12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Could the additional bulk, with concomitant muscle mass, be beneficial for extra minutes at the 5?

13. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

Where is this damn article?