1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Taylor = Fatty

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff, May 9, 2002.

1. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Man, that just sucks. When I read Clutch's report that Taylor is overweight by a bundle, I just sighed heavily (REAL heavily).

Despite people I talked to who said he was in GOOD shape earlier in the season, something happened...maybe Twinkies. Who the hell knows. It just bums me out.

Given that I have defended him in the past, I wanted to be the first to say that, if this is true, Mo, Jesus, get your ass in shape.

:confused:

2. TroyBaros

TroyBaros "Special" Friend of Steve Francis

YO pass the chronic Odom damn I got the munchies.
    This Is why lol:D

3. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Over 300 lbs?........Maybe he can play on the low block and postup on Shaq.

Mango

4. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

more PT for eddie baby.

5. Asian Sensation

Great........ I can see it already he's gonna be just like Shawn Kemp now...... FAT and Goofy and shoot jumpers. :eek:

6. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

And like Kemp, playing on the second unit. :(

Man, that is truly depressing news. He was at the games, didn't he see the progress KT & EG made?

If Mo's not careful, the Rockets will draft Tskitishvili at SF and move EG to PF... and MoT will be on the outside lookin' in! I hope not, but fat folks break thin ice quicker. WAKE UP, MO!

#6 GATER, May 9, 2002
    Last edited: May 9, 2002
  7. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Don't worry guys, it's summertime. Mo just rehabed a torn ACL, an injury that could have slowed down his progress, and his metabolism just a bit, but I am sure by the time the season rolls around he will be ready.
    Did Clutch say anything about what kind of shape Cato was in? :p

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Unbelievable... I've been cutting the guy every bit of slack, but 70 pounds! There is no excuse. Nope, I can't think of one. Nada. How can his rehab be going if he's lugging around that much extra weight? Hell, let's get Charles to come out of retirement if we want a fat guy. At least he can rebound! I apologize to weight challenged people out there, but MO IS A FATTY!! :mad:

9. RNuss02

RNuss02 Member

I like your optimism Roc, but let's be realistic here. From what we read, he is 70+ lbs. overweight!!! Do you know how hard it is to gain that kind of weight (especially when you're tall)? It will be 3 times as hard to get that poundage off, especially in just 3 or 4 months. This extra weight will make it a hundred times harder for Mo to rehab and get back into playing shape! Face it, it might take a bbit longer to get him back on the court than we think.

COME ON EG, show us some starting quality and let us forget about SLo-T.

10. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Good thing about athletes is they can get into shape much quicker than we can.

11. Asian Sensation

Not when they've let it get out of hand. Like in the case of Mo 70 pounds is a lot of damn weight. I sure hope I'm wrong and he can get back into shape but once u gain you're usually your never the same again. I must use the infamous Shawn Kemp analogy again. Mo was never really that athletic to begin with now with him being overweight this cannot be good.

12. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

I haven't read the story yet, but let's say Mo is 300 lbs. His playing weight is 260 lbs., -- that's 40 pouds if my math is right. Losing 70 pounds would put him at 230 -- do we want him as a SF?

#12 thumbs, May 9, 2002
    Last edited: May 9, 2002
  13. Cato=Bum

Cato=Bum Member

So I guess the question is:

Which was a stupider decision by the Rockets:

1) Trading to acquire Glen Rice's $30 MIL, 3 yr contract?

2) Signing the NBA's worst rebounding PF to a huge contract worth $7 MIL per season?

14. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

Jeff, as the one who got into it with you real thick on this issue, I respect the fact that you choose to be the first to come clean. I personally would have liked something closer to an apology.

I must tell you that I have an aunt who is a dietitian, I have a wieght problem and was once 285lbs at 6ft. Also, I am fairly active and do 50 mile bike rides and spend 2-4 hours in the gym. I know when somebody is overweight and I know what it take to lose weight. You actually said I have a condescending attitude which was clearly harsh and excessive.

It is indeed sad about MoT and I trust all is not lost. I hope he shows the will power of KT and get his butt back in reasonable shape. I hope we do not have a Tractor Trailor on our hands. I would definitely pencil him in for more time at the 5 spot. It puts some additional light on the value of KT who we all have been wanting to trade.

15. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

You knew it was only a matter of time before I commented on this piece of rhino dung. I've ripped him to shreds in the past only to say "As a Rockets fan, I hope he proves me wrong". Given that it looks as though he ate Billy Paultz, that's not happening.

Unfortunately fellas, Mo has a contract that is as fat as he is right now and we can put the "Mo T can average 18 and 10" threads to bed. I'll say this...I never considered him the Rocket's 4 of the future because I don't think he has ever had the talent to be a force in the NBA anyway, so the only real loss here is the cap space.(I wont get into the Webber stuff)...meaning we can find someone to average 14 and 5 at the 4.

The other bad thing is that with the excess weight, comes the excess injuries...and for a guy coming off of the type of injuries he has had, Mo's outlook isn't good.

Once again, I hope he proves me wrong!

16. NJRocket

Mo is far from an athlete

17. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This hurts.

I think most of us expected he'd put on some weight while being down but 70 poinds?...I was hoping he'd come in a little under 260.

We'll see-this is going to be a tricky offseason for him. Odds are he won't play pickup ball again, after last year, what will he do to get those pounds off?

I think we may have our backup center now...maybe we can make the best of it, and have him convert that fat into muscle, and keep him relatively bulky to play center?

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Only problem I have with that is that normally, the idea is not really that your center gets outrebounded by every single other person on the team. But I agree, let him put his weight on Shaq and the other centers in the league, let's make the best out of this %"%y situation.

19. NJRocket

If he ends ups backing up Cato or whoever at center, he will foul out quicker than Chris Dudley.

However, maybe the Globetrotters will trade us Oliver Miller for Mo and then Big O can play center.

20. Sane

Sane Member

I supported Mo, and now I'm deeply dissapointed. It's not like he didn't know he'd gain weight while rehabbing.

The offseason starts on a bad note yet again (Hakeem last year).

Any news on what shape Rice is in?