1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tarik Black ranked number 10 on NBA.com's Rookie Ladder

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by newAge_Rockets, Nov 25, 2014.

1. kemah

kemah Member

lol

Yes he does. He also had his first career double last night.
    I see no reason he shouldn't get better. He is starting to make it look easy. His interview after the game shows he is articulate and he gave praise to everyone else.

2. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

I am a fan of whatever the rockets do player wise, but I would rather a young Greg smith. Hopefully black proves me wrong

3. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Updated rookie ladder:

I think Papa has more upside although he's currently ranking lower than Black. Papa just needs some more time to adjust to the NBA range. But Black is certainly improving steadily.

Very happy for this year's Rockets team.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah I don't get the hate. He's an undrafted rookie who wasn't even supposed to make the team so to hate on him for only being a top 10 rookie in the NBA is dumb.

With that said, get healthy Dwight!

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Morey is on another level.

I just hope he gets that 3rd player he covers so much so he can truly go all in. Because he finds players truly out of nowhere. I mean what was supposed to be the best draft in ages and you currently have these 2 guys in the top 10. Ridiculous

6. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Black actually does cover what the Rockets lost in Greg Smith and then some.

1 person likes this.
  7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Black can actually stay healthy and play. That alone ranks him ahead of Smith.

8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

He's also a much smarter defender.

1 person likes this.
  9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

There's a difference between hate/dislike and believing a player sucks. There is nothing about the guy that is unlikeable. It's just that people think he is a marginal NBA player, which he is until he proves otherwise through a long stretch.

I like his hustle and I think he can be a serviceable rebounder. He clearly does not have any offensive talent. And I will have to see if he can play good enough post defense to be a solid backup C.

10. clutz

clutz Member

Good-bye, #6 rookie!

11. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Feel bad for Black, but at the same time he's proven what he can do to himself and to the League. I'm sure Morey made some calls to rival GMs on behalf of the guy. Wish him the best!