1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tarik Black ranked number 10 on NBA.com's Rookie Ladder

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by newAge_Rockets, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I like the dude. He is always getting up for those boards. I just see him leaping every where. Dude just needs to chill out, he seems to anxious on offense

2. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

That column is traditionally just a box score fest written by someone who doesn't watch games. If they're picking Black over Kostas as our standout rookie that is clearly still true.

3. mig0s

mig0s Member

If he made that last **** against the lakers he would be numer 5 lol

4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Good for him, though I'd much rather have no idea how good or not good he is.

5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Agreed, people $hit on him way too much

6. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I'm surprised Morey hasn't tweeted about this yet. One of the ten best rookies in the league this year.

7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I love Tarik. I think he shows outstanding effort and what he's been able to contribute as an undrafted rookie has been impressive. But somebody please tell me there is still a GM out there stupid enough to put stock in this!

Daryl: Well what if we throw in a top ten rookie prospect in Tarik Black??

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Maybe because people would ask why he spent 2 millions on Joey Dorsey.

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

My thoughts exactly. He is trying very hard, and he does seem to be improving. No budding star, but may be a good backup eventually. He is no match for Cousins, who will likely foul him out by half time.

10. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

I literally just finished playing Bogdanovic in My Career on 2k15. I kept thinking who the hell is this as he continued to give T. Jones and Ariza buckets over and over and over.

11. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

When he was signed It was expected to only play in garbage time for a year or two. That he is having to play because of injury to players above him was not expected.

He is doing better then expected and when he catches up to the speed of the NBA game he will do a little better, he is already playing above his ceiling now.

He was not a first round or second round pick he was a left over sighing. what the he!! did you people expect from a left over sighing another Howard. Get REAL!!

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

When you fail to put back easy bucket the board goes bananas! They fail to realize how good he has been on the boards against better competition. He really isn't as bad as everyone keeps saying..

13. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

K-Pap has a TS of 43%. That is flat out awful. The box score would actually make him look better I imagine. The Black hate is out of control here. Probably b/c of the perception that he's a McHale guy.

14. ribbit

ribbit Member

Trade him. Trade him!

15. PhiSlammaJamma

Remember though. Even Yao. Took time to learn to go hard and dunk. Time and Experience on how to either go for dunk or position yourself for a better layup.

16. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Don't know why guys are so hard on him. He's an undrafted FA. The possibility that he could turn into a decent player in the near future is reward enough. He's not really to blame for being unable to handle the starting C spot of a Western contender.[/QUOTE]

It's because he's Black...:)

17. Jo3yBo3y

Jo3yBo3y Member

Black's hustle is what got him roster spot on this team..... and his super cheap contract lol. I liked this guy ever since he was jumping around everywhere grabbing every ball in sight during the summer league. He was picking up fouls left and right but now seems more settled.

"Cool story bro"
    I saw our champ Black attack at Pluckers after the Mavericks game saturday.Me and a couple of buddies were starving after a long night of booing that ex role player of ours and screaming like girls at a boy band concert once harden hit that and 1 on Parsons so we swang by for some wangs. I remember telling him he's going to be rookie of the year. He was just like "yeah bro okay" lol little did he know he was going to be on the top ten ROY chart.

18. dlite316

dlite316 Member

will this help DM swap Black for a serviceable big?

19. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

I think it's okay... raise his trade value! LOL

20. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

It's embarrassing that this guy is a rotation player on a team that has aspirations of competing for a title.