1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tarik Black Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Wish we still had him instead of the FT missing jokers on the roster. Tarik's 55% from the line makes him looks like Mark Price next to Dorsey and Capela.

2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Rule change: in the 4th Q, a player who is fouled can either shoot the free throws or appoint any player on his team to shoot them. That would put an end to all this intentional fouling crap.

3. aball1991

aball1991 Member

Or just learn how to shoot a basketball and you don't need to cry to the NBA for rule changes. How can an NBA player, whose job it is to play basketball all day everyday shoot less than 30% from the line? I can shoot a better FT percentage . Shooting free throws takes no athletic skill, it takes practice, and mental concentration, something our players don't have.

1 person likes this.
  4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

i miss blacks rebounding. he, unlike dorsey, compensated for his short comings by rebounding. Also Black was more mentally tough. Dorsey always looks rattled and whiney. Dorsey has been around pro basketball for years. He should be more mentally tough.

5. Remlap

Remlap Member

That's actually a great idea! Several TV commentators have said how they don't
    like the Hack-a-Shaq strategy because it slows the game down too much.
    Especially in critical moments. JVG was one of the biggest complainers about
    this and said something needed to be done.

This rule would work! Of course, it would ONLY be used on 'off the ball'
    intentional fouling like they do with Dorsey/Capela/Howard, etc...
    But if they are going for a rebound or shot and get fouled, then they are fair game.

Off the ball fouls would stop if they were basically awarding FT's to
    the team's best FT shooter. Great idea.
    You should send Jeff Van Gundy or Adam Silver an email. lol

1 person likes this.
  6. Zergling

Zergling Member

Wish you could acknowledge that overall Dorsey still played a solid game tonight. Was a +13

Dorsey might set the best screens on the team right now. Puts the most effort into it than anyone else.

7. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I wish we still had Olajuwon in his prime! ... :eek:

8. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

when is dorsey gonna just learn from his own on-court experience, and stop making that look on his face. he finds himself in that same stupid-mistake-scenario every game he plays in.

at least Black seems to take something away from his minutes on the court. Miss ya T. Black

9. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

I also noticed that his body and facial language does appear non positive after a foul turnover miss etc. We aren't expecting to see him and Dwight's million dollar smile but dont worry just ball... u are with rox for a reason ;)

10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Dorsey on the season has more rebounds per minute and a better rebound rate than Black.

11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm on the why did we choose Dorsey over Black boat... then I remember the value of a rebound.

12. kingjosh

kingjosh Member

dorsey has literally been an amazing 3rd string center. Tarik black is an undersized power forward.

1 person likes this.
  13. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Ehh you do know who Dorsey is right. The only thing he does well is rebound (and some defense). The whole reason he gets minutes is because he can rebound.

I am happy we kept Dorsey and not Black. This year Dorsey is the more useful player, and I expect in the coming years that Capella will be a better Garbage man than either.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Amen it is unprofessional.

DD

15. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Don't know what to tell you except that you aren't in his shoes and you don't know what the situation is like. Of course it's easy to say you could do better. I use to practice free throws and would hit 7 or 8 out of 10 on average. I was put into a competitive team in Lubbock and air balled my first 2 free throws (unbelievable in my head). It is 100% a mental thing and I couldn't imagine the pressure Capela has with thousands of people watching him and thinking he's going to miss it when he's already 0-15. Especially when his heart is already beating like crazy from playing a high intensity game.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Why should players be rewarded for not learning to shoot fts correctly? FTs are an important part of an NBA game, why should normal basketball players be required to shoot fts but people who play basketball for a living get a free pass on it? I don't care if it's boring, if all I wanted was nonstop ESPN action I'd watch Slamball :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Capela is making around 2-3M a year, I think for that amount he can suffer some "pressure".

18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Why should a team be rewarded for fouling poor ft shooters? Fts are a punishment for bad defense, not a strategy for coaches to muck up a game. If it's off ball foul, why not appoint like on a tech. :confused::rolleyes:

19. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/jennydialcreech">@jennydialcreech</a> rusts awesome....means I did something positive while I was there</p>&mdash; Boom Boom (@TarikBlack25) <a href="https://twitter.com/TarikBlack25/status/591798708372541441">April 25, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

From today (and last game's) postgame interview