1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Targets for our TPE, MLE and BAE

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mrjohn, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

one can only hope.

I agree but it's also true they don't need to feel rushed. They'll probably take their time, perhaps just to let Thomas earn his spot as a starter...

2. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Can someone explain to me what the hell New Orleans is doing with 4 B-Level combo guards?

3. basketballholic

Monroe and a shooting guard (say Kevin Martin) are not spare parts for Dragic.

4. basketballholic

I still think Monroe's landing spot could be Atlanta. I'm pretty sure he wants to play pivot and they've got the perfect situation for him if he does. Either Atlanta or Indiana. I'm sure Atlanta would definitely consider Hibbert in that scenario with a signed and traded Monroe to Indy.

5. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Brooks and Marion.

6. Big Time Titan

Getting Dragic back would give us a nice pair of PG with Bev.

7. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

I posted this in another thread, but think it might be more apt here:

After listening to Morey, I now feel like it doesn't really matter who we pick up as long as we keep cap flexibility and aquire tradeable assest. It is all about getting a 3rd elite player.

He is not worried about building a team. To me, with 2 of the top 10 or 15 players in the leauge, you should be a title contender every year. Seems Morey feels differently. His only goal seems to be getting a 3rd elite player and until then he will keep getting assest or flexibilty.

There were enough good players that you could have built a very good and deep TEAM this offseason with our cap space, but his main focus was on Melo and Bosh. If you get them great, but to have that as your only real option has left the fan base dissapointed.

I've been a huge Morey guy since he has been here, but the desperate NEED for a 3rd Elite/Max player has made me realize that Morey cannot or will not build a TEAM.

8. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

I wish we had the coaching to develop Gee

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Ray Allen:

Could be Ray Allen:

Veteran guard Ray Allen has reportedly spoken with the Houston Rockets and Cleveland Cavaliers.

The Miami Heat, however, remain in the dark about his playing future.

Coach Erik Spoelstra said he has yet to speak with Allen about possibly returning to Miami for another season.

"We knew that he wanted to take some time and be patient to see where he is," Spoelstra said. "We'll see what happens. I don't even know where we'll be with our roster, but we owe a lot to Ray."

Allen has been linked with joining LeBron James in Cleveland while also mulling retirement. This would be the 19th season for Allen, 39, if he continues to play. He is expected to take his time before making a decision.

"If he needs time, we'll give him that space and time," Spoelstra said.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/fl-miami-heat-ray-allen-0417-20140716,0,4496466.story

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Allen seems like an odd fit considering the reserves on the team already.

Although I guess signing him makes it easier to move other pieces.

11. Gip_txag

Gip_txag Member

At one point in time Stuckey was the primary scoring option for Detroit. I'm not sure how healthy he is these days, but he could probably give us some valuable minutes off of the bench.

12. BabySeal

BabySeal Member

Do you guys not think Bledsoe or Dragic are perfect fits? Bringing bev off the bench is more of a natural role (even though you usually want 6th man to be a scorer) he fits the role of energy guy.

Dragic was arguably a top 5 point guard in a loaded western conference. Is he not "elite"?

Dragic
    Harden
    Ariza
    Jones
    Howard

That is a great balanced lineup with offensive and defensive perks.

13. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

why would allen choose Houston over Miami and Cleveland? OH, he wants to get that last BIG paycheck.

14. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

I'd take Dragic in a hearbeat, just don't think Phoenix will be too quick to dump him.

15. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Not making the playoffs, giving us a lottery pick.

16. BabySeal

BabySeal Member

Agreed, but that horde of pgs they just brought upon themselves looks promising that one is going.

17. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I was thinking the same with him. Just let him come off the bench and create and score in spurts. Games he is hot and scoring, he plays more minutes. We won't rely on him to be a defensive stopper, we just need scoring from him for 10-15 mins a game. In an uptempo system he should fit in well. Let the back up bigs run PnR with him with the 2nd unit. Not sure about his health after last year's injury. If he could be had for cheap, why not?

18. basketballholic

He hasn't been the same since this:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Lp2FyOM-tnY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Stuckey was super-aggressive (think Kyle lowry aggressive) to the rim before this incident. Since then....he's lost something. And he also is not a good shooter.

Perhaps at the minimum...perhaps. But only after other moves.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

MLE/BAE and Vet min targets:

Brandon Rush (dead eye when he was healthy, capable on defense)
    Jameer Nelson
    Shawn Marion
    Ray Allen (allegedly interested, seems an odd fit to me personally)
    Emeka Okafor
    Jermaine Oneal

That's my list if they want veterans like McHale said.

20. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

That would be perfect minus Rush