1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Targets for our TPE, MLE and BAE

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mrjohn, Jul 16, 2014.

1. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

And who would we trade to get the salaries in range to do a deal like this? Multi-team deal?

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You just had to ask. SMH

3. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Ha, lovely. And here we go with more speculation...

4. basketballholic

Right now...we could trade Jones plus non-guaranteeds plus Hamilton or Garcia signed-and-traded and have enough salary to trade for a $15+ million salary. Now, obviously that's not enough to get a Love trade done. But we have the salary on the books to get it done ... right now.

Now obviously that won't get it done. But what we have to watch for at this point is what happens to Greg Monroe and Eric Bledsoe at this point. I'm pretty sure Phoenix is prepared to match a max offer for Bledsoe. The only teams that could offer either Monroe or Bledsoe a max salary offer sheet are Detroit, Phoenix, Philly, and Orlando. And you can pretty much rule Philly out. They're not in the market for a big (unless it's an asset they can flip) so that rules out Monroe for them, and PHX has sent all the signals that they are going to match a max offer sheet. So that leaves Orlando as a possible option to throw Monroe a max offer sheet. That may happen since they don't appear to be enamored with Vucevic.

As I am writing this I see PHX just signed Tolliver to 2/6 so there's another $3 million off their cap. But they still have enough cap space to re-sign Bledsoe to a max deal and also sign Monroe to a max offer sheet.

PHX is obviously trying to improve drastically. I don't know if they feel they are in the hunt for Love or not. However...Monroe would be a great fit for them down low. And Dragic is going to opt out after this next season. Putting all this together I am convinced they are trying to trade Dragic and add a big time 4/5 along with a side of shooting guard.

As far as Monroe is concerned, I am also convinced he doesn't want to re-up long-term in Detroit and split time with Drummond and Smith. Smith has negative trade value. But he is the guy that could possibly entice Rondo to walk to Detroit. I think Monroe wants a role as a primary 5/4 on a team. If you look at his efficiency his first 2 years in the league when Drummond wasn't there you can see he is best served working in the paint. That's essentially a 5. In my opinion, Monroe would be best served for his career to wind up on a team like Atlanta that wants him to play 5.

We're just going to have to watch this Monroe/Bledsoe situation and see what develops there. There could be an opportunity to be active in a sign-and-trade for Monroe.

5. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

If what your saying is true, couldn't PHX trade Dragic for our Pelican pick and fit into our TPE. Sign Bledsoe and Monroe. And then later repackage Monroe and Pelican pick for Love?

I think that would be a win for all 3 teams...

6. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

Wesley Johnson had a decent year for the Lakers, I'm surprised he hasn't been paid yet. Would love to have him

7. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Both good shooters but zero defense. Pick your poison

8. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

I'd love to have Dragic back.

9. jump shooter

Dragic would be a huge coup for the rockets if they can somehow work a trade for him. Huge

10. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I think you traded the Pelican 2X (away to PHX and then to MN)

Also, no way PHX trades Dragic and let's Bledsoe go.

11. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Morey : We need to be the team who find Greg Monroe and Eric Bledsoe, no the team who will overpaid them.

12. zigzag

zigzag Member

we wont have a full MLE since we gotta pay Papa 500w-2years

13. TheJet

TheJet Member

IMO, this would more than make up for the Bosh loss. Dragic starting with Pat off the bench is a massive improvement for this team.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Dragic is the starting SG for the Suns. What made them competitive last year was the PG/SG tandem of Bledsoe and Dragic. They are trying to add to that, not subtract.

Any hope at Dragic is probably going to be them not competing this year so they move Dragic at the deadline. If they are willing to move him now I really don't think we have anything to offer. I can't imagine them wanting to dump Dragic for such a high variance lottery pick like the Pelicans one.

1 person likes this.
  15. jump shooter

I would go to war with that PG core anyday. Agree 100%

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That is the bottom line. Well written.

17. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Where would the salary to match Love's come from?

18. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Never mind. Just read the post.

19. do work son

do work son Member

a healthy xavier henry would be nice at the BAE

20. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Shawn Marion on a 1 year, full MLE deal with a team option for Year 2. Wait on Kostas until next year.