1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tanks for the Memories Thread Starts Here

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jscmedia, Apr 7, 2012.

1. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

You know who you are. You hollered and yelled for a "Let's Dump This Season" Rockets team.

Still want us to "lose to win"?
    How can you not be totally psyched at this group of players, their coach and game day play?
    When is the last time you went this Rockets crazy during every game?

A Bird in the Hand is worth Two in the Bush has never been more true.
    Let me hear you !

1 person likes this.
  2. WNBA

WNBA Member

3. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

You don't get it.

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I appreciate the feeling that went into this thread. Hoo rah!

5. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

'Dude why would I wash my balls when I am just going to get them dirty again?'

Signed,
    loser tanker Rockets fan

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

Git'r dunn Maori?

7. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

I'm loving it too but honestly what we're doing is short term not long term. Win a few big games and maybe a few games in the playoffs? How is that gonna make us a champion in the next decade? :confused:
    It's been proven time and again: You have to suck to get better.
    This season has been a joy to watch, but at the same time it's kind of sad because I want us to be like the Thunder, the Heat, the Lakers.. top 5 teams that can legitimately compete.. Not get excited when we're 8th seed in the playoffs.
    If we were a top 5 team like we have been in the past, we would be laughing at those teams who go buckwild over a playoff appearance..

8. Raven

Raven Member

And they never will. To them, a "feisty" second round appearance is enough to vindicate Les-More's strategy. Whatever. Me, I'd rather have a top five pick in the next draft.

1 person likes this.
  9. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

In the next decade, probably 3-5 franchises (and maybe less) will win championships. The smart money is on teams that are young, talented, and performing well right now (OKC, Heat, Bulls). Being butt hurt over not winning championships, but making the playoffs, in a highly competitive league is akin to Phil Helmuth going ape ***** nuts when someone plays a suited 9-10 and makes their hand. Not everyone can win, but as a football coach once said "you play to win the game."

There have been so many articles written on how ineffective tanking can be at times and how successful rebuilding while moving forward can be at times. They've already been posted here, so I don't need to re-hash them. You can wait till the off season and next year to recharge the batteries on the "OMG I want a championship or first overall pick every year" bandwagon.

10. thekad

thekad Member

1.5 games away from picking 14th again with no prospect of getting better and we're supposed to be celebrating? Les and Morey have been vindicated?

smh

11. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

What if we win a championship this year? I guess the pro-tankers will say we were just lucky and that we still should have tanked. There is nothing more fun in sports than when the underdog pulls off a huge upset. I know, because I've seen the Rockets do it in the past.

12. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

only 3 games back of homecourt while missing 2 of our best rotation players for what will be nearly a 1/4 of the season. beat the top 3 teams in the west twice this season. all that being one of the youngest teams in the league.

how again do we have no prospect of getting better?

1 person likes this.
  13. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

I voted for a bit of tanking, doesn't mean I don't enjoy their play right now. I still think if we had 3 first round picks this year instead of 1, we'd be better off. I mean if anything package 2 with lowry+martin for a big.

14. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Its still a good idea. Even if they go to the playoffs. There is still no solid plan in place if the Rockets lose Courtney Lee and Dragic anyways. The only way it makes a difference is to keep Dragic and Lee and be able to move forward somehow. So please keep your thoughts to yourself until this all works out. So it does not come back to haunt us and you look bad later. This could all drive Dragic's price tag up to where Morey wont match.

15. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Let me tell you why.

A.we lose Lee
    B. we lose Dragic
    C. we lose in the playoffs anyways
    D. Moreys plan to get anyone in offseason does not work out
    E. back to being mediocre

So its not time to gloat yet. I am hoping Morey is half way competent at his job to convince our own players to stay in free agency. It all hinges on that to actually work out.

16. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Id rather tank than to lose in the playoffs and then lose Dragic and Lee anyways in other words. That still stands if it does not work out for us right.

17. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Frankly I am not confident in Morey at all to convince players to come or stay with the Rockets. Keeping Dragic and Lee almost sounds like a impossible task. So no its not looking so good.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Isn't Lee restricted?

19. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

To me Lee is not the important one. Although I think we will retain Lee. I think even with Lowry the Rockets must retain Dragic and then be able to trade away their most valuable asset as Morey would call them. That is probably Kyle Lowry or Dragic for a star. That is the way Morey can improve this team. Dragic looks like he is likely to leave if Morey cant convince him to stay or is not willing to offer him enough to stay.

20. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

The whole point.. is to win.. Or at least compete to win.. How is wanting to win a championship a bandwagon? There's a reason houston is considered a sad sports town..