1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

3 of 31 threes? Goudelock and Beaseley? Surely not a team orchestrated attempt at an old school tanking to retain our first pick......right?

2. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

If not it is defonitely a clear message that Morey has given up on the season. I think most of us know that Morey is trying to save every penny Les has. That 20 million dollar condo as a result of keeping profit margins high must be more important than winning a championship.

3. spankz141

spankz141 Member

It's the coaching. Jason Terry guarding Rose? Really? Terry shouldn't be playing. He is a major defensive liability and lost his shooting touch.

JB might be a good motivator but terrible coach. He can't create plays and is unproven. That is why the Rockets are playing like crap.

Can you imagine if we had JVG or Thibs? There is no way they would let the players get away with playing the way they do.

We need a proven coach that can control this team.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

They aren't tanking. Cuban was right. That's just not a very good team over there.

#4 J.R., Mar 6, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  5. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Why did Les hire young Donahue to be this team's GM?

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

YOUR NOT A VERY GOOD TEAM OVER THERE!

7. Bleek

Bleek Rookie

Houston has very little draft picks. Its wouldn't hurt thinking about the future. I mean are you telling me they are going to re-up Dwight on that last year, and do 1 or 2 roster moves and roll out with this same team next year.?

I hope not. Why get embarrassed in the post season against GsW, This season has already been a dissapointment thus.

Go out there ask Harden to fall down wrong, and act like hes done for year, and follow it by letting howard do the same. Roll out with a Terry, Mcdaniels, Brewer, McMuffin, Dmo Line up at least it would be fun to watch..

Btw nice to be on this board 1st post :) Greetings all.

8. alethios

alethios Member

no kidding!

[​IMG]

9. Bleek

Bleek Rookie

Good idea!

10. Nero

Nero Member

Purists say, you ALWAYS 'play to win' every game.

But that just isn't always true.

This season is a total loss. Period. It's already over.

Even if we somehow squeak into the playoffs as the 7th or 8th seed, what's the point.

Yes, I bleed Rockets Red, and IF they make the playoffs, then every bit of my being will be hoping/believing that a miracle could happen.

But looking at this team, the coaching, the personnel, the overall philosophy, the inconsistency.. there ain't gonna be no miracles this time folks.

So assuming the result of making the playoffs would be a short 4 or 5 game series, what THEN?

Well, congratulations guys, as a reward for barely making the playoffs, we are taking away your first-round pick. Yeah, yay for you. Ty Lawson's parting gift.

I say.. NO.

This is one of those times you tank. Period. There is no recovering this season, and so we HAVE to look to what will be best for the team and for the franchise moving forward.

We need to have the first round pick as ammunition for more moves, if nothing else. Besides, Lawson was not WORTH a 1st, and Denver sure as heck doesn't DESERVE our 1st.

So, NO.

You TANK.

You save the pick. You clean house of the players who don't perform. You get a coach with a strong enough personality to be able to control these children - I am looking at YOU Thibs! - and for the love of God, MOREY, you need to loosen the grip on this 'threes or dunks' philosophy.. if you don't have the PLAYERS that fit that style, you have to change style or change players. Harden just doesn't fit that style very well, so, CHANGE IT UP MAN.

And try DRAFTING some talent instead of only thinking of TRADING for it!!

TANK.

11. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

This draft is really crappy. I'd rather toss us our first round pick this year, and have more optionality going into next season(as in full blown rebuild-- trade harden, any long term salaries, etc.).

If we're doing this to KEEP our pick this year, this is real short-sighted. I think the Harden rumblings will be loud and clear this summer if we're a lottery team, Dwight isn't coming back, and we are absolutely not by any means a FA destination.

Make the playoffs for morale, get rid of the pick and have no future debt. I'd like to us do rebuild this off-season and that requires keeping options up for 2017 and beyond. If morey is playing this to get into the lottery this year, this is an extremely foolish position to put us in.

12. alethios

alethios Member

We still may want keep it for potential trades, unless we're not able to trade this pick.

13. alethios

alethios Member

This would seriously undermine the players' morale, and convince them that this is not an organization worth sticking around for. Granted, they're not playing worth a crap, but why make it worse by convincing them to quit trying just so we can take a chance at landing someone special in this year's draft (like that's really worked for us time and time again).

14. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

its called morey ball. 5-30 threes > 15-30 twos.
    when in doubt, shoot the three

15. alethios

alethios Member

Obvious sarcasm is obvious. :p

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Why do we keep on posting Dwight and not Dmo?

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Stop POSTING DWIGHT!

18. thejav

thejav Member

read the thread title..

19. Raven

Raven Member

The lost pick isn't the problem. The problem is that Morey is going to let good free agents slip through his fingers while he waits for Durant to make up his mind.

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

There's the lane Moore. Take it!

<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?playerBrandingId=4ef8000cbaf34c1687a7d9a26fe0e89e&adSetCode=91cDU6NuXTGKz3OdjOxFdAgJVtQcKJnI&pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:14916769&thruParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>