1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tankers rejoice!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ZRB, Mar 23, 2002.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

If you mean former Oiler head coach - it was Bill Petersen. Jim Petersen was the former Rockets backup PF/C.

2. lpbman

lpbman Member

I don't think we'll get Odom, and i'm really not sure why you think we will.

But! I think you're right, that is an excellent team.

The one think that worries me about Steve and Odom on the same team is turnovers...
    They combine for 7.1 (Career) turnovers per game between the two.
    If they were on the same team, they couldn't possibly average that many turnovers..... could they???

3. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

If we don't make the playoffs next year, then this franchise will be mired in futility. Keep in mind, our pick, unless it is a #1 next year, will go to Memphis. So, no tank fest or anything.

The big quesiton will be chemistry and Rudy showing too much respect for our vets. I can imagine us drafting Woods and Rudy saying "well Glen is a former all-star and a veteran. Walt has more experience than Woods. We're gonna slowly work him into our rotation." :(

4. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:) WOOOOOOHOOOOO

*sobs-to-himself*

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Hmmm, Let me try.

Rockets Blow "Golden" Opportunity

(AP) - The Houston Rockets came into Last Nights Game with a chance to gain ground on teams in the lottery race. But The Golden State Warriors came out cold and never looked back, easily coasting to a 104-116 mauling . Kenny Thomas of the Rockets went for 31 points on 10-16 shooting , after the game Thomas was heard to say "Its tough when we put up a 30 point sucking vs Seattle and then we just come in here a can't overcome one of the best teams in the league, and I blame myself, My shots were falling tonight, I felt in a zone, I don't know how this team keeps winning these games, we should be one of the worst teams but we have a thing for being in the middle."

Rockets PG Steve Francis who did all he could for the Rockets committing 9 Turnovers was appluaded by Coach Rudy Tomjanovich, "Steve was great tonight, his 9 TO's helped greatly, It was just a shame Kenny and Kelvin could not follow his example of suckiness. Plus Larry Hughes greatly out-played us tonight, His bonehead effort was a thing any NBA Coach would have been proud of."

Larry Hughes was heard to comment "Steve and I really had a good matchup tonight, I know my low shooting percentage helped our team though, Steve did school me with those 9 to's, but I tried my best to fail and obvisouly it paid off."

Warrior Rookies Gilbert Arenas and Jason Richardson both played poorly for the Warriors, scoring in double figures yet again. Danny Fortson added "Those two just don't get it, Those cheerleaders on the sidelines get paid to do what they do, just like us, They think they (are) still in college or something where everyone plays for free, unless you played for Michigan." Injured Rocket Maurice Taylor was seen exiting the building very quickly.

#25 moestavern19, Mar 25, 2002
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2002
  6. solid

solid Contributing Member

BoBrek, are you sure you read my post correctly?;)

7. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hee Hee. Good job, Moe.

8. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Was Cuttino hurt? Why did he only play 33 minutes? Hmmm....