1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tall guys (6'7" or taller) who can shoot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rogower, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

2. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Is this thread secretly trashing Josh Smith's shooting?

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

When Dwight is fully healed and all is right him paired with DMo would be the best combination of 4/5 in the league.

4. HardenHardon

HardenHardon Member

Ha ha ha....I wonder if any of those minutes without Ariza on the floor ever have another defensive anchor sitting on the bench at the same time....

If you're hinging this top 5 defensive team solely on going from Parsons to Ariza, you're mistaken.

5. rogower

rogower Member

I am not sure how to check on stats since a particular date (e.g., Dec 1st) but you make a good point.

And yes, Rockets fans do not seem to recognize that Motiejunas is looking at getting offered a TON of money when he hits restricted free agency in the summer of 2016. They severely underestimated how much money Chandler Parsons was going to wind up getting, too, around this time last season.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Howard has missed many games and not played at his normal level.

7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Hehe, no worries man, I'd like to see some different threads too, but looking at old threads or current threads we have great ones like "trade Harden while his value is high“, who the hell comes up with that?? Obviously there are real threads too.

8. nobie

nobie Member

last 15 games, DMo have 38% 3pt.

9. craguin

craguin Member

Donatas Motiejunas - shooting stats from 12/01/2014 to 01/19/2015 (<- click link)

1 person likes this.
  10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Who has the best defensive rating in the NBA? Lazy players don't lead the league in that category. Mentally weak? Show me tangible proof. He's taken a back-seat to Harden. Other players get more attempts. He's been a great teammate and doesn't whine about the lack of touches he gets. How is he moody? Once again, provide tangible proof.

Old DD creeping back in. Throwing out cliches, generalizing on players he doesn't like while praising a favorite of his (D Mo). I like D Mo too but you're getting too excited

1 person likes this.
  11. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

When you're talking about a player coasting there's really not much you can point to as "tangible proof"

1 person likes this.
  12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

But with a different coach this team would flourish without the legitimate MVP candidate? :confused:

13. craguin

craguin Member

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Wow, quite an eye.

15. sammy

Thanks for this. I want to say that Dwight was #1 two to three weeks ago.

#55 sammy, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  16. sammy

Usage? Idk honestly but Dwight seems to be pretty engaged to me especially on defense. Of course, you can cherry pick a play or two in every game but you could do that with every player.

Dwight plays with dudes that can't make an entry pass.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No, Dwight turns the ball over when he tries to dribble it - if he would get position early and turn and shoot, that is one thing, but his hesitation is killing his efficiency.

And he is not challenging as much on the rim since he came back - it is clear he is not trying out there especially on Defense, same for Harden.

DD

18. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

And the Rockets DEFENSE would be a **** storm. Be real..

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Hmm.. Well the good news is your hero DMo per 36/game only turns the ball over 1 less than Dwight, lol. It's like 2.4 to 3.4 TO. So I think I'll stick with Dwight.