1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Talked to Nick Van Exel today

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bigbodymoe, Jul 13, 2005.

1. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

well at one point cuttino's son was acting up pretty bad so cuttino picked him up and slammed him down and told him if he "aint straighten up he waz gon get his ass beat". at which point i expected the little boy to cry and be frightened. however, he actually challenged cat to a boxing match and it was one of the funnier moments to me.

2. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Well, he kind of is a free agent. He has a non guaranteed team option for next year. Which means that anyone can trade for him by having the Blazers pick up his option (I think around $12 mil) and then the new team can cut him. Or they can wait for the team option to expire and then he'll become a free agent. It's a weird contract, but he gave up the guaranteed last year of his contract to get traded to Portland.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

NVE isn't the first PG I'd look for, especially at his age, but I'd still rather have him teaching Luther how to play the game than Mike James doing it.

4. xnareshx

xnareshx Member

Yeh Cuttino's son, named Cuttino Jr. (otherwise called just Tino), is a tough kid. His uncle, whos my very good friend and Cuttino's stepbrother, used to fight with Tino when he was 2, and Tino would make him cry because he would scratch and bite him so hard.

5. BabyClutch

BabyClutch Contributing Member