1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Taliban kill more than 20 people (including children) for being "un-Islamic"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

You're doing a lot of pussyfooting around from what I can see.

Pick one category or define your own. If you're going to make bold statements like that, own up to them.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I have to go ask my intern what he thinks first.

;)

DD

3. Northside Storm

Attack the messenger, but don't attack the truth.

4. DaDakota

Thus the winky guy, the irony was damned funny.

DD

5. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Bwahahahahaha

6. Northside Storm

hahahahaha.

I don't use emoticons, but assume I gave a forced laugh there.

(you're still pussyfooting around the topic at hand.)

7. JD88

JD88 Member

I promise you, if we had the ability to, we could do it. You don't understand how many times I watched taliban under fire throw down their weapons and at that point, we couldn't fire anymore. They know our rules as well as we do, and they exploit them every chance they get. You only know what you read in the papers. I remember a news report of 4 young kids being killed by an helicopter while I was there. They were unarmed.

What you don't read is those 4 kids were being used to plant IEDs in the road under the assumption that we wouldn't shoot kids. Do you know what its like to see a truck get blown in half by a 200lb bomb? And knowing that that bomb was planted by the same people I gave my water and food to?

You keep your head in the sand, and continue reading the news, cause its accurate.

1 person likes this.
  8. Northside Storm

The Taliban are terrible people.

If you're willing to sink to their level, you're just as terrible, and perhaps even worse.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

There is a very, very long way from shooting people who plant explosive devices to kill you to murdering innocent children, throwing acid into women's faces, murdering people for singing, etc. That is not "sinking to their level".

If you cannot see that...you are...well, an intern who sits in his mom's basement and tries to lecture the world about things he just googled.

And a pretentious, disrespectful nerd who is actually doing this to someone who risked his life for the people in Afghanistan and for us.

10. DaDakota

And sometimes the only way to deal with bullies is to kick their ass.

DD

11. Northside Storm

We have people in the thread suggesting it might be good to drop an atomic bomb on Afghanistan.

I think there's a long long way from that to what the Taliban are doing.

ATW, refer back to your Mali thread please, while I have your attention (as always).

12. Northside Storm

Once again, define kicking their ass, and for bonus points, reconcile that with American strategic objectives in the Middle East (which one might note is bullying anyhow, how ironic, emoticon wink etc.)

13. DaDakota

No - you define it....lol.

I like what we are doing for the most part.

DD

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Thank you for your service, JD88. Some here appreciate it. I am sure some of the people in Afghanistan you helped do, too. Just ignore nerds like Northside Storm who have not seen much of the world yet.

15. Northside Storm

I already have.

You're the one who wanted to go "all in." Apparently not so anymore that you've been reminded what "all in" means.

16. DaDakota

I said if you are IN a war, you have to go all in to win it - and yes that means killing a lot of civilians in the process - taking their will to fight away.

Do I think we should nuke them, no - of course not.

But I would be in favor of invading Saudi Arabia with China, Europe and Russia and redistributing their oil wealth among their people...

:)
    DD

17. Northside Storm

Well, you might have a big mouth, but my impression of you has notably improved on that note.

18. DaDakota

Of course I am opinionated - as clearly you are....now - maybe we can tactically nuke regions of Pakastan though.

;)

Just kidding...

DD

19. JD88

JD88 Member

If I had command decision in Afghanistan, the first thing I would do is boot the media.

Then I would step up night raids. They were the most effective way to eradicate the Taliban. I would step up drone strikes. They cause minimal civilian casualties. In fact they cause hardly any at all. They were more civilians killed by roadside bombs last year then coalition forces.

Then I would beef up the police. Offer more pay. Offer benefits. Then I would go about building schools, not mosques. Educate the people, show them there is more to this world then what they have. Bring in community projects, parades, festivals. Build parks, water parks, theaters, museums. Provide extra security obviously.

Offer rewards for turning in Taliban, then protection when they do. Towns loyal to the coalition would receive new markets, new roads, new hospitals. Then find people to be elected officials who are loyal to the nation of Afghanistan and that have no background to radical Islam, the taliban, or Karzai's corrupt government.

Continue the process until the problem solves itself.

That's just me.

20. DaDakota

You are hired.

DD