1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Taliban kill 69 to avenge OBL's death, Al Qaeda threatens Obama's grandmother

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mathloom, May 13, 2011.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

and then..

This is starting to get ugly.

Death threats to the family, that must be unprecedented in the last 100 years. Al Qaeda showing their true thug colors. I hope they are all safe and sound.

I fear Afghanistan will deteriorate a lot and the US will leave having accomplished nothing but killing OBL. Too many lives have been lost, we can't accept that killing OBL was the only goal and it took 9 years.

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

You've gotta be the biggest coward ever to threaten a 90 year old woman

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I will never understand, for the life of me, how these people can recruit the youth of Pakistan with propaganda blaming the west for killing their Muslim brothers when they don't even hide the fact that they themselves regularly kill dozens of innocent Muslims...

2 people like this.
  4. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Unprecedented in 100 years? I find that incredibly hard to believe. Does that seem beneath this terrorist group to you?

As for getting nothing... there have been several turn themselves in since his death... they evidently gathered a significant amount of intel from the raid... and they caught Pakistan playing their little games. That and, however flimsy it might seem, perhaps this is the beginning of reason enough to END this war? So many have died, you think it should continue to justify it?

#4 CrazyDave, May 13, 2011
    Last edited: May 13, 2011
  5. trustme

trustme Member

I have always wondered this. And always believed there is way more to it than meets the eye.

6. SacTown

SacTown Member

What do you guys say to the deathers? I have a guy who insists that OBL died 8 years ago of kidney failure and that this whole killing on May 1st is all bull**** and it didn't happen. What do I say to this guy? He really believes this.

7. showtang043

showtang043 Member

many times its not recruitment, its blackmail or finances since htese people are in very bad situations with not much hope or ailing parents so on. I've read articles of guys being recruited where they say once you do this mission well take care of your parents for the rest of their life or something ike that

and then the literacy rate, many of the people can't see how they cherry pic and manipulate the religious reasons, if they could read the overall gist and were educated to think for themselves then you would see more of a decline in my opinion

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

breaking news: Obama considers using the phrase "Bring it on" to further piss off Fox News

9. bigballerj

bigballerj Member

Fixed.

You might want to listen to him because he is telling you the truth instead of the gov't that keeps changing their story about how OBL was "killed".

Also, look up the terms "false flag" or "psy-op".

10. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Take that USA. We just blew up 69 of our people.

LOL. Okay.

1 person likes this.
  11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pakistan is getting the worse of both sides. They didn't know of or approve of the US mission to catch OBL and yet they get the brunt of the revenge from Al Qaeda.

I would say this should convince Pakistan to get their act together regarding Al Qaeda but if years of this type of stuff isn't going to convince them nothing will.

12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

are you feeling sorry for them? they either knew OBL was hiding near Islamabad or wasn't competent enough

13. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Al Qaeda knows to go straight for America's heart-strings: Pakistani civilians

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

You think this is actual revenge?

You really think the Taliban (not Al Qaeda btw) would have not engaged in sectarian violence in lawless regions of pakistan but for the raid on Osama?

15. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I feel sorry for the victims but not so much for the Pakistani government and ISI. By playing both sides they were bound to get hit.

16. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I'm sure they would engage in sectarian violence anyway but it is ironic they are using "revenge for OBL" as the justification to attack Pakistan's military.

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yeah, Obama really opened up a can of worms here. Because the peace-loving taliban never killed anyone before we wasted obl.

18. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Pakistan is the most complex 'nation' on Earth. 175 million people, an English Colonial heritage, of militarism and revolution, a mortal enemy on it's border, ever shifting tribal allegiances, anachronistic religious fervor, secret societies within the secret police, a lawless frontier, easy access to the guns and explosives, assassination as a political strategy and a nuclear arsenal.

It's the most dangerous place on Earth and the most likely place for societal meltdown.

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Appropriate response to Mathloom's usual drivel. People, notice the undertones in his posts.

20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

That makes sense if this is the whole revenge. But if this is one of 100's and violence significantly escalates, then it's a problem.

It's not like I'm blaming anyone for killing OBL. It's not like I think anyone SHOULD take revenge. I'm just pointing out that an attack took place which could be the first of many. Attributing violence to an imaginary cause is their specialty.

I'm just prepared for the real possibility that killing OBL was the right thing to do, and there will be an escalation of violence, and we need to keep an eye on it.