1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Take it for what it’s worth

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Daddy Long Legs, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Clearly he was joking with ya. Lol

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This shot was called. Collect your Likes! :cool:

Daddy Long Legs, DonKnock and saleem like this.
  3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes, Daddy Long Legs has struck the target!

malakas and DonKnock like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

pretty much confirms lebron wont be either. Its happening...:eek:

Deuce, DonKnock and malakas like this.
  5. Maverick Floor

Ok ya'll,

I know I said PG and LeBron were locks to become Lakers a year ago.

It was true. PG was on board.

But when he decided to stay in OKC, I was SHOCKED.

I found out last night from one of my clients that Paul George essentially "wussed out". The dude really did not want the pressure. He straight up backed out of signing with LA. He backed out and that's why the LeBron and the Lakers pivoted to Kawhi. I'm just stunned at why PG took the deal he did. I question his basketball intelligence if he says he wants to win a championship. It completely came out of left field, especially when he was the first to commit to LA before Lebron last year.

Anyway, LeBron coming to LA was never contingent to Paul George signing or even Kawhi, obviously. He was set from day one.

The Space Jam 2 trailer was cancelled, but it did contain LeBron wearing his Laker uniform.

There's so much more info I'm starting to hear, especially some Rockets tidbits. But with the way ya'll treat me sharing information, it's best I not share. People get all worked up!

So if you want me to apologize, I apologize that Paul George did not sign with the Lakers. It turned out to be false! I was for sure he was going to be a Laker. A lot of us in the industry were sure. But the unthinkable sometimes happens (see Hillary Clinton vs Donald Trump).

However, LeBron was a man unafraid to take on the pressure of playing in Los Angeles. He understands what it takes to wear a Laker uniform. And it's still perplexing to me that Paul George, a California native, of all people, did not have it in him.

Again, if you want my apology, I apologize that I led you to believe Paul George was going to sign with the Lakers. I'm only as good as what my sources tell me, just like any other reporter (not saying that I'm a reporter or insider). But things happen. Things change. I can only wish Paul George good luck in what he's aspiring to do for himself.

As for LeBron, I hope I delivered the truth. I told you he was going to sign a 4-year max. Not a 1 +1.

He's a Laker for life.

That's all, folks!

6. esketit

esketit Member

lol this dude is really copying and pasting this novel in every thread

DonKnock and King1 like this.
  7. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

what you hearing on rockets front!

and you called it, no one doubted you, only a few boneheads who also doubt Woj and would possibly doubt Morey himself

8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I don't understand how you can be surprised that George went for the cash grab when all you've stated in your posts is about players going to Hollywood because it'll get them more money.

DonKnock likes this.
  9. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I buy that Paul George was set to become a Laker before his trade to OKC. However, don’t forget that part of his attraction to LA was he wanted to be the face of the Lakers.

Once he got dealt to the Thunder, all bets were off, because he was playing with a fellow LA kid in Westbrook, who also happened to be the reigning league MVP. It should come as no surprise that they formed a very tight bond.

DonKnock likes this.
  10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I want to take a moment to apologize to Daddy Long Legs for giving him a hard time earlier. There's a lot of stuff going on at home and I didn't take the time to look before I leaped. I lumped him in with some foolish members who post like they know everything, when they are just giving an opinion. That doesn't describe Daddy Long Legs. I was posting from my phone and in a hurry, which is no excuse. Again, sorry for the brain freeze on my part, Daddy Long Legs. You didn't deserve it. :)

Daddy Long Legs, DonKnock and jch1911 like this.
  11. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

He's not a Laker for life. Where do you think he'll play with Bronny once his Laker deal is done?

DonKnock likes this.