1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Take a look at Mike Conley in Memphis

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The guy is playing really well. Not just quick, but looks very steady for a rookie. Reminds me of Aaron Brooks a bit. He has a future in this league and might even help them turn the season around a little bit (probably not all the way around... but better than they've done so far with an old Damon Stoudamire).

2. sbyang

sbyang Member

There's alot of talent in this draft class. The thing to remember about Conley is that he left after his freshman year. PG normally take their time in college, all the great PG in the league now are 3 or 4 year college players, while young PGs have generally not done very well. Conley looks like he gets it right now and can only get better with age.

3. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

conley had the advantage of playing w/ Oden otherwise he would still be in college right now for atleast another year

4. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Seeing him play well makes me wonder why exactly Marcus Williams hasn't gotten a chance yet in NJ. Both Williams and Conley are two of the more prominent PG's in recent memory that I remember being completely enamored with in college.

Both displayed uncanny vision and floor general skills. In an era where combo guards and scoring PG's seem to be the going trend it isn't often that you see true PG's that clearly look to function as pass first players and players that look to set the table for everybody else.

5. bucket

bucket Member

Who would've thought back in June that Conley would be praised by saying that he's like Aaron Brooks? Pretty neat.

6. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

yea what a steal that was. good eye by Rick Adelman. i remember screaming out of my lungs when ab was drafted. now i scream for joy when i see ab play well