1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Taco Bell Sauces

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Fatty FatBastard, Mar 13, 2009.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I have never heard of it, I'll check it out sometime though next time I'm in your neck of the woods.

Very Good point, they use a lot more shredded beef, which is obviously not as good as ground.

I don't think they have a website, Taco Roco is some stupid knockoff. Its made by the guy who started Taco Loco's brother. Its not bad, but it ain't the real thing. All I know is they are located mostly around the Wine Country area in the Central Coast (Santa Barbara up to San Luis Obispo). I'm sure there are many other Taco Locos, but I know for a fact that there are only about maybe 10 of these chains total.

2. Isabel

Isabel Member

The heat levels on the Taco Bell sauces are laughable. Even fire sauce = a little pleasant touch of flavor. Not approaching any actual heat. Nor does Taco Bell, while I love it for its cheapness, come close to "Mexican".

Taco Cabana is a lot better, though I still think there's an odd blandness to their red salsas, like something's missing. The runny green one is the best, but that's not saying much. For real salsas and Mexican toppings, I would recommend Taco Palenque... of course, unless you live in certain border cities that's probably not an option.

3. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

Also, this happens to be a BRAND NEW Taco Bell (built in the last couple of years). Maybe this place is a test market situation?

If you've never tried it, order GREEN SAUCE on your next Taco Bell item. The stuff is a holdover from the old "Green Burrito" days (mid-late 80s). It will change your perspective on Taco Bell sauces.

If you ask for jalapenos at the counter, they'll gladly give them to you.

Jus' sayin'

4. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Well.. you gotta cross your fingers and hope there are some old workers at your local Taco Bell.. There are on my local one.. and they make it for me.. It's basically $.75-$1.25 for a cheesorito.. it just depends on them.. but still cheap.. I live on the Southwest side of town. :D

5. Fatty FatBastard

I totally agree with their salsas. Very tasteless. I always opt for pico, instead.

6. deadlybulb

deadlybulb Contributing Member

OMG you're making my mouth water. Salsa verde FTW!

7. Hmm

Hmm Member

hmm.. i used to love them as a child.. something must've gone seriously wrong with them since..

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Bring your own.

DD

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Heck no. I don't eat fast food tacos. I opened up a Taco Bell burrito once and didn't know what the hell I was looking at. I've had tacos from both places that were ok - I'm just scared of the stuff in the soft tortilla! :D