1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TABC Is Now Investigating Kung Fu Saloon

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dachuda86, Jan 11, 2015.

1. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Apartments? Maybe. Homes? Not really, just a bunch of people with good jobs who don't want to live in the burbs.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Don't take offense, you were there long before the great douche invasion of 2008.

3. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

This thread probably should be moved. My apologies for contributing to the poo flinging.

4. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

I love the area. It's a goldmine for Uber drivers.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I'm there every weekend. :confused:

I especially love the patio.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Your bar game is weak

7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Playing? I know you don't live around there and you have young children. You're so lies.

8. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

I used to live on Detering right behind the place and never really enjoyed their overpriced drinks, but always had a good time. But I really hated how bad the neighborhood got with parking. I constantly had people trying to park in front of our house, blocking our driveway, ect.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yeah, man. I don't even know where this place is.

When I saw the thread, I assumed another Asian massage parlor had been shut down....

1 person likes this.
  10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

repped... lol

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If it's a chain, get rid of it. If it has a line to get in, raise the cover or get rid of it. I don't care if "Kung Fu Saloon" doesn't want minority patrons, I blame the people enforcing it. They're racists. If my boss says, yo, no blacks, brah, I'd be like, yo, go **** yourself.

12. False

False Member

I'm sorry that happened to you. But let's get back to your earlier comments:

Assuming that you are correct in that the bar actively trying to prevent them from entering it the bar owners appear to have broken the law by violating the Civil Rights Act and they should be blamed.

Your question isn't enlightened at all; it harkens back to pre-desegregation where individuals asked why would African-American want to use schools, hotels, restaurants, water fountains, pools, bathrooms and other public spaces where they are not wanted. Your question is not new and it is as equally disgusting and indicative of racial animus as it always has been.

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Let's keep it real. There are certain crowds that once they take over the place becomes a wasteland. Rarely do a bunch of whites cause problems or decide to pick on people

1 person likes this.
  14. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Been there a handful of times. It's fun for NFL Sunday Ticket, free old school arcade games (NBA Showtime... part of the NBA Jam family tree), and a decent kitchen for late night food. I never had a problem with entry, even on a couple of the weekend nights when there's a door guy. Also noticed a very diverse crowd on the weekend. Guess I got lucky and went on unusually non racist nights?

Down the street from there a few years ago, I was walking around with a buddy looking for an open kitchen and this fat ass black bouncer said my jeans were too baggy. Mutha F****, I asked you politely if your kitchen was open and you responded rudely like that? His jeans were twice as baggy as mine. Maybe it changed ownership be I think it's Galway Hooker now or something else next to it. Coming from a SB owner in the service industry who has also been in the club industry, I was irrate. And ask Kwame, I'm extremely patient with door people who have a job to do, and wait without problem out in Vegas while a connection gets me in somewhere bc of my tennis shoes, or while he blows his fuse arguing over cover prices.

Anyhow, I chalked it up to racism, by I wasn't wearing tennis shoes and my jeans weren't baggy at all, and hello, it's Houston, where you shouldn't have to dress up like crazy to find late night food at a bar on Washington. I ended up walking down to Kung Fu and V21 that night and had no problems with entry. V21 was a fun black club/bar/lounge with great pizza next to Kung Fu for a couple of nights a week, but that place closed down too.

#94 Kim, Jan 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

So how many white people here have been rejected from bars because of how they were dressed?

It's happened to me 3 times and only in Houston.

The last time was when my friends wanted to go to that stupid Bambou club at like 1am. I was dressed fine, but the guy said I needed a collared shirt lol. My friend tipped him and we go in and I see like 30 dudes not wearing collared shirts.

16. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Yea, the marquee was awesome before it was taken over by undesirables

17. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

It's never happened to me, and I don't dress well at all. I typically avoid those type of establishments. I've only been to a few bars where they have a "dress policy" and Kung Fu was one of them. The one time I went there it was a Saturday night, it was very crowded, and I was wearing a t-shirt and cargo shorts. I was let in without comment.

18. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Happened once because I wasn't wearing dress shoes. However I have shown up in a T-shirt and sandles and got let in, but I did roll up in a limo :cool:

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yeah, the GARM last season with that one guy's fans.

20. marky :)

marky :) Member

Yeah, damn that Chandler Parson and POF's.