1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by A-Train, Jul 4, 2001.

Tags:
  1. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Man...has it been 10 years already?? One of the greatest Sci-Fi movies ever was realeased 10 years ago, raising the bar of special effects to new heights...

"Hasta La Vista...Baby"

------------------
    Mein bratwurst has a first name, it's F-R-I-T-Z
    Mein bratwurst has a second name, it's S-C-H-N-A-C-K-E-N-P-F-E-F-F-E-R-H-A-U-S-E-N

2. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Gosh, I guess I'll have to watch it today. My favorite movie of all time!

I was disappointed by the Ultimate Edition DVD though -- the "Special Edition" VHS is better.

------------------
    CC.net's most courteous driver

Oh yeah, and I'm looking for a job right now, so hire me please :)

3. dylan

dylan Contributing Member

Huh? How so? I have never heard this before. Not that I'm doubting you or anything, but you can provide more info? Are you talking about additional scenes, picture/sound quality, other extras?

------------------

4. Vengeance

The "Special Edition" VHS is a 2-tape set that came in a REALLY cool box. I bought it at Blockbuster about 5 years ago for something like 40 or 50 bucks.

The first video is the movie, and the second video had all kinds of features on "the making", and "Special scenes".

The thing about the "Ultimate Edition DVD" that bothered me was that not all of the deleted scenes were added in. I don't know if any of them were, actually. But as I was watching it, I realized that they were missing. Stuff like when they flipped the chip in the Terminator's brain, where the T1000 was feeling everything in the kid's room, the alternate ending, etc. There were 4 to 6 scenes that hadn't been placed in it. If you look around the DVD, you can find them inside a few documentaries, but I haven't seen any way to get it to play them along with the movie. There should've been a feature that allows you to do that, and to turn on/off the alternate ending.

In the VHS, all the special scenes are added in. I think it makes for an overall better movie. And it shows the alternate ending after the movie is over, so you can see both. I was just really, really disappointed in that -- I think I was the ONLY person who didn't like the T2 Ultimate Edition . . .

------------------

Oh yeah, and I'm looking for a job right now, so hire me please :)

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

When the hell is T3 suppose to be coming out? I heard sometime next year, but I am not sure.

But yeah T2 is definitely on my top 5 movie list of all time.

------------------

6. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Rockets03, Scripts have been kicking around for quite some time and the studios themselves are still unsure, but the basic rumors are arnold and ed furlong will be in it and either a female terminator will be introduced or another male, which is also heard to be Vin Diesel. Knowing the entertainment industry though this could all be scrapped for break dancing robots.

------------------
    Ceo of the Walt Williams and Lisa Malosky fan club.

atheistalliance.org

7. dylan

dylan Contributing Member

Heh, maybe the following will help. First of all there's the director's cut which you cann access though the normal menu. This inserts a lot of cut scenes, such as the T-1000 malfunctioing after frezzing/thawing, ghost of michael bien's character, etc. To get all of the scenes and the alternate ending, however, there is a trick. If you do the following they are all put in just like you mentioned:

Insert the side/disc that contains the feature presentation and from the disc's main menu, select 'Special Edition' which brings up a dedicated menu to access the film's Special Edition cut. On the right hand side of the panel you will notice some weird, unreadable symbols that will give you access to the hidden feature - actually they are roman numbers.

Take your remote control and press the key combination '82997' - the date of Judgment Day in the movie - and the symbols on the side should change to the text 'The Future Is Not Set.' If they don't, please make sure to press the 'Enter' key on your remote control after every one of the digits.

Once correctly entered, the eyes of the endoskeleton will light up and you will see a new menu entry appearing, giving you access to the 'Extended Special Edition' version of the movie with the alternate ending and other scenes integrated in the film.

Let me know if you try this and if it makes it better than the VHS for you. [​IMG]

------------------

8. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

I thought the first one was better.

To me, it seems like it was longer than ten years ago that T2 came out. It seems like a lifetime ago to me.

------------------
    Why not visit MovieForums.com

9. Vengeance

Thanks!!

Went to Title 03. Thanks, it works now. I'll watch it tomorrow (er, today . . .).

Thanks again!!!

------------------

Oh yeah, and I'm looking for a job right now, so hire me please [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Vengeance (edited July 05, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Vengeance (edited July 05, 2001).]