1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(T&P's) Fan just fell from upperdeck at Texas stadium

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LonghornFan, Jul 6, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

They are up the line from where he fell. My sister did not see it neither did my son. One of his coaches did see it though. He is reportedly responsive and able to move his extremities. The four fans below are being treated at the ballpark and were assumed to be only minor injuries.

2. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Texas Stadium was imploded in March.

3. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Did he catch the foul ball at least?

4. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

This is what I read on another message board just now:

"Well he was already leaning towards the ball to his left but couldn't quite get to it. then the ball bounced off the concrete and you could clearly see it about to head towards the lower deck but he reached up for it and touched it with his hand and his momentum just kept him going forward since that was the way the ball was headed.

As he fell, he very very quickly grabbed onto the railing but couldn't hold on which caused him to sway for a sec and then he fell

the suites are right underneath the 2nd deck and his body hit the suite level and that kinda pushed him out even farther where he eventually fell

he then fell semi head first causing two chairs to break. It's really hard to describe it's just something that you would have to see. free fall of about 30 feet.

Happened in about two seconds but it seemed like two minutes. game stopped for about 20 minutes and I don't think anyone in the stadium said a word during the break. Noone could believe what they saw.

pretty terrible stuff"

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/messagetopic.asp?p=20232314

1 person likes this.
  5. Rockets1988-

Rockets1988- Member

my goodness, thats horrible. Hope everyone comes out ok in that situation

6. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QY1_hkBW8VE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QY1_hkBW8VE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i'm surprised this doesnt happen more.

Good thing there wasnt any one under him too.

close calls all around

8. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

You missed the part where there was a 4 fan cushion to break his fall.

The umps reaction is what gets me the most... it's clear he saw the very beginning where the guy fell over and turns away, then everyone else sees after he hits the suite balcony and falls even further.

I can't imagine witnessing that. Must leave you with a totally sick feeling for a long time.

9. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I thought there was somebody under him that sort of broke his fall?

10. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

so i did....didnt read that last article.

11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm honestly surprised this doesn't happen more often. It always appalls me how the loudest point in any sporting event is when the team's start throwing t-shirts, visors, mini basketballs, or whatever other worthless crap into the stands. It's a BASEBALL.....is it really worth lunging over a railing for it?? I understand that this was an accident, and I really, truly hope that the guy fully recovers, but I hope this also serves as a warning to everyone else that it's not worth risking your life for a free rolled up t-shirt that says TOYOTA on it.

12. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

hope everything turns out ok for everyone...but c'mon, it's a f'n baseball...don't risk your life for a f'n baseball...I didn't see it...

but I would also be worried about the people he fell onto, well,that's what I read anyway...in the dallas website (dallasnews.com), they referred to a young lady that fell when the park opened...she survived too...

13. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

Just saw this on Around the Horn. Same game, a kid got his face smashed against the fence because he was running for a baseball...against an adult. :rolleyes:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SzV2eA9-Gr4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SzV2eA9-Gr4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

14. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

^ that's hilarious and sad

15. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

That one was funny....

16. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

this is so much fail from the guy in the yellow all the way to that blonde boy coming in late.

17. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    ... stands.

18. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Talked with some of our team that was at the game last night. They said initially the ball went over his head and he reached back to catch it. The ball bounced back towards the field and the guy had turned around to see where it went. It bounced off seats or fans back over his head again and when he reached back to grab it again he stepped back into the railing and fell over. They said it looked like he stepped into the railing and got undercut by it. The railing is only about knee to thigh high depending on your height but they can't really raise it without removing a couple rows of seats because it blocks the field for the first 2 rows.

19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Don't really think he should be getting a ball; no real sense reinforcing this behavior. Probably merits an MLB-wide re-evaluation of seat railings and fan conduct regulations. At the very least to hedge against any possible lawsuits.

20. AustinBriggs

AustinBriggs Member

I'm glad everyone is going to walk away from that... and that there were no kids that got hit by a flying man. I wonder if he was sober or motion impaired at all that would make him more likely to fall than the 100000s of others that have graced that deck.