1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T.O. Why not?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by tharges, Oct 26, 2011.

1. tharges

tharges Member

Why are we not all over this guy? He has somthing to prove, and could come relatively cheap because the takers are limited. He is a knuckle head but everyone knows that he is a knuckle head, and we know that going in but the talent is there and the payoff could be playoffs and super bowl. He has the same winning attitude that AJ has except hes vocal. Move Jacoby to running back kick offs and punt returns, that is his skill set. Imagine TO on one side and AJ on the other, man who would you cover......Kubiak/Smitty give it some thought.

2. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

nobody showing up to his workouts and only one arena league team offered him a contract.. says a lot.. don't ya think? lol It's not about his talent anymore but that he's eventually been a poison everywhere he's been.. I like him so I hope he's humbled and makes a comeback.. but his skills are now in question which is now more of a risk.

3. HombreDeHierro

he's probably healed. even at his age the dude is still a freak

4. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Because we would have to put up with his reality show inspirations... When's the last time you saw a camera crew follow around a Houston sports figure... Watching David Carrs' hair cut fiasco was bad enough

5. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

He'll cause some drama in the locker room most probably. I think he has some debts to pay, I think at this point he only wants to do it for the money.

6. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Not gonna put up with a diva wr1 attitude when he's barely a WR2 at this point. What kind of numbers do people think a 37 year old fresh off knee reconstruction can put up? The texans are a run first team, and he'd be the 3rd-4th option as far as reads. I can already see him telling the media that he needs more targets.

7. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

He's old, he drops passes, he's a cancer.

That's why.

8. Stacy's knee

Stacy's knee Contributing Member

Couldn't the Texans offer him an incintive based contract with not much guaranteed money? That way, they could cut him if he started acting up and not be out much. He's still much better than Walter or Jones.

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

By accounts of some media members, he struggled mightily running routes at his workout, and he wore a sleeve on his leg to mask the atrophy that occurred during his rehab process. He might be a freak, but at 37, bouncing back from an ACL tear isn't exactly a given. I think he's completely done, and the fact that nobody offered him a contract is very telling. Sometimes, it's NOT worth taking the risk.

10. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

LOL. Such a scam, if you go to their "shop" the Amazon Kindle is listed as 249.99 but when you click to buy it brings you to that scam Paypal link where it's only 24.99

11. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

LOL whoops, I had 2 windows opened and posted in the wrong thread. In case you're wondering what this is about, there's a post in the hangout about some guy scamming Beats by Dre headphones for 24.99

12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He had more TD than Dre last year so why not?

13. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

I'd give him a shot. Too bad our front office is too conservative to do anything like this. :mad:

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Why not bring him in for a workout? I don't get it... well I do, Kubes wouldn't know how to handle him -- at all.

Never mind.

15. tharges

tharges Member

Is it Walter, Jones, or 37 year old Mason that you prefer then? Just his presence on the field across from AJ and his winning attitude to me would be worth it. I agree make it incentive based, the guy has a freak of a body and last i saw AJ had only one healthy hamstring. Walter, Jones, and Mason have nothing on T.O.

16. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

He had ACL surgery in June, I doubt he's fully recovered from that

17. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

To be fair, I don't think any coach could handle him unless your name is Bill Bellicheck.

18. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

fixed.

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

You are kidding yourself if you dont think he is better than the rest of the crap this team has been trotting out there.

20. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

If he hadn't torn his ACL in June then yea. But when teams like the Titans and the Redskins aren't even showing interest after that public workout where Jerry Rice openly questioned his physical state, you have to wonder what he can bring to the table right now