1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-MAC's blog updated: First Week Down

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BaiHua, Mar 9, 2009.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The major difference, beyond Wade simply being a better player with many MVP-type years ahead of him, is that Wade was playing for a losing team without hope for even making the playoffs, while McGrady was playing for a potential contender.

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

the east was pretty bad last yr. they had some type of hope until he decided to shut it down for sure.

the basic thing is: sure both could have played through it. but knowing the type of player they can be, it's hard to play when you're "not" right.

i'm sure tracy can play through this knee. but he's not gonna be the player he thinks he can be and that affects everything.

but yes, wade is a better player. i'm just comparing how players notice how they're hurt and prefers to shut it down (esp. when it is injuries to the integral parts of their bodies).

it took wade a blocked shot by james to notice it he needs to shut it down.
    it took tracy a blocked shot by the damn rim to notice he needs to get surgery.

3. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I read that story earlier today. It gave me new respect for D-Wade.

4. jedicro

jedicro Member

[​IMG]

5. khimmatramka16

yeah, i do

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

They were 11-50 when he shut it down last March. The Hawks had the 8th seed, and they had only 45 losses at seasons end.

Like I said, they had no chance of making the playoffs.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i didnt want to start a new thread just for a few seconds of this interview, has this ever been posted here? Tmac says he's got a lot left, still hoped for a few mvps and rings...not sure how serious he was, but i doubt he was joking completely....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kQJW7K0RG7M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kQJW7K0RG7M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

oh and that interview was back in december of this season..

9. meh

meh Contributing Member

What's with the T-Mac defenders? Seriously, the guy gets $20 mil a year, which is about 30% of our entire player salary makeup, and he first tells Steven A. Smith that he's going to get season-ending surgery!? To me, that's just a big F-ck you! to the both the management, his teammates, and the fans.

For me personally, I've always irked at the stuffs that T-Mac does, but never really cared because I figured it's baggage that comes with having a superstar. Things like whining, bad shot-selection, laziness on defense, laziness on offense, throwing teammates under the bus, etc. It's fine because he was one of the best players in the game.

It seems to me a lot of fans have this mentality. And now that T-Mac "the star basketball player" is no longer with us, but T-Mac "the whiny me-first primadonna" still is, how does T-Mac not deserve the backlash?

Notice how Yao's injuries never had such hoopla. He gets injured. He sits out. He rehabs hard. He comes back when he's capable. End of story. Yet every time T-Mac sits with an injury, it's like a freaking soap opera.