1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-MAC's blog updated: First Week Down

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BaiHua, Mar 9, 2009.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

fans have the mentality, "what have you done for me lately!" thats all it is.

i mean, a lot of lakers fans were ready to be done with kobe a few years ago then he came back and averaged 35ppg. now the entire league is back on his jock.

fans are really gullible.

2. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

He does a lot more than what u think. Especially post surgery with the free time.

3. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

exactly!!!!!! dont worry I'll help you out :D

4. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Well I live in LA now and most of that fanbase is r****ded. My mistake for expecting more from rockets fans.

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

speak for yourself. he still has some real fans left.

6. t_mac1

true sports fans in general don't have that mentality. bandwagoners have that mentality.

you live in LA right, u know steve cartman? dude is a perfect guy of "what have you done for me lately?" those kinds of fans annoy the heck out of me.

7. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

QFT

I expected more from fellow rockets fans. I used to think we were classier than most.

8. tmacandyming1

tmacandyming1 Member

People are forgetting what he has done for this team. When Yao went down people starting putting there heads down but he carried the team on his shoulders. Its a shame how they do him

9. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Unfortunately a majority of fans are like this. Its a shame because to be honest 95% of us probably wouldn't be able to do what Tracy McGrady did night after night for this team over the last couple years and they still feel justified in downing the man for something out of his control.

But with Van Gundy, T-Mac and Alston gone, I am sure a majority of the hate will now be directed toward Yao and Battier.

10. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Didn't he used to sign "T-Mac"?

11. anelka3913

anelka3913 Member

we dont need ur team report here tracy, and dont u dare talk about heart

12. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

I'm glad more people think like this. No one is going to deny he's played bad, and maybe he's made a few bad off the court decisions when it came to his knee injury. But does that completely negate all the times Yao went down with an injury while Tmac held up the fort? Does that completely negate us netting 50 win seasons with guys like David Wesley, Juwan Howard and Bobby Sura in the starting line up? Does that completely negate the memories he gave to the team (specifically the 13 in 33 seconds comeback against the Spurs and the 22 game win streak)?

Last time I checked, Tmac wears a Rockets uniform, and I'm a Rockets fan. So he's okay in my book.

13. DrJB25

DrJB25 Member

I hope to see him step on the court again.

14. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

fans also have a "did you just totally dick us over?!?" mentality too.

If McGrady came out and averaged 17 for the season, saying very little to the press, and staying on the court all year (pretend there was no knee issue), fans would have been okay with it. Not silent about it, but no one up in arms.

If McGrady announced in Oct that he was out for the season with microfracture surgery, the reaction wouldn't have been nearly as hostile as what we saw. There'd be pissing about building our team around 2 guys that can stay on the court, but that'd be it.

If McGrady dealt with a nagging soreness by cutting back his minutes, role, and shots, fans would have been more accepting of things.

Unfortunately, McGrady came into this season and dealt with his knee issue in the worst ways possible. It's like he went down a checklist of ways to alienate himself from teammates, fans, and front office members.

15. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

thank you so much. this and Mrbuttock's post are probably the best in here. i'm a rockets fan and as a fan, i will support this team and its players no matter what. when steve francis went to new york i watched a lot of knicks games just because he use to be a rocket. now, i actually watch orlando just because rafer was a rocket and no matter what happens to t-mac, i'll still support him

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder if you will still feel that way if he suits up in a Rocket's Uniform next year.

17. bbjai

bbjai Member

The man made a mistake, I'm pretty sure everyone is allowed to do that, his past seasons his dealt with a boat load of injuries and still got us to the playoffs, last season classic example.

I'm starting to think his decline in the past seasons (lack of explosiveness) is probably directly linked to this knee injury. Ok thats a stretch but maybe this will fix him up who knows.

Now if he comes into next season (provided his still here) with the same lazy training and rehab then ill start the hating. there is no excuse second time around.

18. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

i think 90%, he will return, because seriously who will want him? coming off a major surgery and what team can afford him, and will we get some decent players off the trade, i guess it's mostly not, so ...

19. t_mac1

i don't think so. yes, how tracy did things this year made it "easier" to blast him. but they would have blasted him regardless if he put up 17ppg and shut him mouth. it may just take longer.

remember, after games 1 and 2 of last year's playoffs, people on here were "blasting" the guy for not doing more despite getting near triple doubles and ran out of gas and playing on 2 injuries. hell, some blasted him after the 40pt game 6 performance.

so it wouldn't matter what tracy did. him doing what he did just brought the blasting earlier.

20. t_mac1

"You all right?" James asked Wade as they ran down the court.

"I don't have it,'' Wade said. "I'm hurt.''

"You gotta sit out, man,'' James told him.

"I can't,'' Wade said. After the game, James texted him with three words of advice: Shut it down.

"He wasn't D-Wade,'' James said. "You could tell by his game.''

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=macmullan_jackie&page=Wade-090310

a conversation b/t wade and james during a game when wade didn't have that "lift." i think players understand players more. hopefully tmac sees wade's story and uses it as what he can become (def. not as good as wade, but the kind of recovery you can make).