1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac to Miss 3 of Next 6 Games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Marsarinian, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

From Feigen's blog. Link: http://blogs.chron.com/nba/2008/12/rockets_champagne_glass_half_e.html

One word to describe my feelings: crap. :(

2. rocketshopeful

hes been invisible the past several games anyways.

3. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Hahah, nothing new...

4. tresimecgredi

tresimecgredi Member

5. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I wonder if Ron has starter calling him Tru Loser behind his back.

6. God's Son

God's Son Member

mac will do what he wants to do during the season u guys are beating a dead horse at this point. he is not going to show up for the season until after all-star break and probably not until late march. after that he will play like the old mcgrady again

he wants to pace himself this season for the playoffs u can disagree with his decisin but it is what it is and we still can be a good team with him missin games and not putting much effort on offense (if he passes and rebounds i will be ok with that strategy)

move on and find a better topic stop starting a thousand threads on the guy u love to hate the most

7. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Words cannot describe how I feel about McGrady, so here are some pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. dafranchise0309

Tmac just needs to sit out until like the week before playoff starts...he doesnt do **** when hes on the court anyways

9. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

This isn't news to most of us. I recall in another thread that Tracy, Rick and DM agreed that it would be best for Tracy to not play in some back-to-backs.

It's important for Rick to look at the matchups in these next road games to see where Tracy might best help the team out.

10. pchan

pchan Member

I hope this back to back game thing would workout. Otherwise, I suggest T-mac should consider not playing back to back quarter.. or back to back minute.

11. ThaShark316_28

So what games yall think he should sit out?

I say Toronto, Philly and OKC.

12. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Oh man, I didn't realize we were playing 3 b2bs in a row. Screw me. Sorry guys.

13. dsounG

dsounG Member

Just let the guy sit out until All-Star Break is finished then let him dominate from there.

14. King901

King901 Member

On our games against losing record teams, he needs to sit out. It will make the rest of the team know they have to play harder so they wont lose to people like the Wizards again. I also think Tmac should play in the Boston game.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I would play him against the teams that we should beat...just to make sure.

DD

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I know I'm stating the obvious,but Head,Von Wafer and Barry can't perform with McGrady being in and out of the rotation. They all need consistent minutes whether McGrady plays or not.I know that's hard to do but we have no other choice.
    Barry and Head are the only 2 players available right now that can shoot and Wafer can drive and get to the line. This might be able to take some pressure off from Brooks and perhaps Rafer too.
    If we can win 50% of the road trip,it will be OK.

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

They're professionals. You just have to be ready every time. That is the life of a NBA role player coming off the bench. Its hard to get all three of those guys consistent minutes. With T-Mac in the lineup, its even more hard.

18. Tmacfan0115

Tmacfan0115 Member

19. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I wouldve told tracy that he's going to play 25 mins on the 1st night and 20 the 2nd. I wouldn't go for the all or nothing deal.

20. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

How many in the GARM would still have traded for Mcgrady if they knew how many games he was going to miss during his Rocket career. From day one the guy has been as fragile as a dozen eggs.