1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac still thinks he has it...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clips/Roxfan, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

I won a championship with MerGady as my starting SF backed up by Batum.

When he's not injured (which is 2/3 of the time) he's quite effective from the 3 point. He got injured shooting an open 3 though... I've never seen that before.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I don't think McGrady can play a starting role on a contender. It's too much to ask of him mentally and physically. He won't put out each and every game (especially on defense) and his body probably wouldn't hold up if he tried. His best chance to succeed is off the bench where he can disappear when he doesn't feel up to it and nobody will care. Putting him in a pressure role with high expectations is the worst thing that can happen.

Clearly the Bulls need to find another starting SG besides Bogans, but it has to be someone with a team-first mindset who will buy into Thibadeau's system of playing hard all the time. McGrady fails both of those.

3. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

That bridge mighta already been burned with Chicago from last year. Maybe McGrady learned his lesson and if approached will accept a bench role without mouthing off about trying to be a starter and appearing as a chemistry disruptor.

4. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

What is he going to say? No I'm washed up, I quit? Or is that what everyone here wants to hear?

Whatever he says/does he gets reprimanded on this board.

Same ****ing story for 2 years now.

5. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

I want to disagree with everything you just said. Except there are repeated instances to back up every statement.

McGrady does have uncommon bball IQ, even for an NBAer. It'll keep him in the league a few more years. What a sad waste of talent

6. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Ha Ha he will never be the same again. All the confidence in the world and it still wont heal his body. He needs to look at improving his 3 points shooting and mid range game. He can be the a great facilitator but wont have a career if he doesnt improve his shooting.

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't think Tmac can handle the intensity of Thibs defensive system.

8. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Remember, there was a period of time when Tracy was Piston's BEST player. He showed he can still get pretty high and that his playmaking skills are still there. I was actually sometimes impressed with his effort especially on defense. He looked to finally understand that small things matter too.

His knee wasn't ready to play 70+ games. Maybe not even his knee but his conditioning was done, at the end of the year he was out of gas completly. So once he looses some weight and improve his conditioning I belive he can be a Lamar Odom type player for a contender. He can still play and knee finally seems to be as healthly as it can be at this stage of his carrer.

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

hold up now I think this article is reporting that Tracy McGrady actually helped his team make it past the first round!!!!

Congrats Tracy!!

10. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

T Mac is delusional.

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Herpes? Sure, that ish is for life...

12. Omer

Omer Member

OT but I just saw T-Mac at Bush airport yesterday evening around 7pm. He just got off his plane and I was just about to board mine so I didn't have the chance to get a pic. :(

13. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

yes he does. hes gonna prove yall haters wrong

14. Shrimz

Shrimz Member

He is trying to win his own tournament? WTF lol

15. pacmania

pacmania Member

If he can develop a one legged fadeaway shot ala dirk he would be semi-unstoppable as well with his long frame.

16. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

If Boozer could, anyone can.

17. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

So far, McGrady's team consists of free agents Chuck Hayes and Jermaine Taylor, who both played with McGrady when he was with the Rockets, Paul George of the Indiana Pacers, and former pro Jonathan Bender, who last played in the NBA in 2010 for the New York Knicks. McGrady, who played with the Detroit Pistons this past season and is currently a free agent, is by no means considering his team the favorite.

http://www.newschief.com/article/20110716/NEWS/107165023?p=2&tc=pg

Didn't see this posted anywhere, I guess Hayes and McGrady still have a strong friendship.

18. roadmatter

roadmatter Member

19. roadmatter

roadmatter Member

20. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

McGrady coulda told them what they wanted to hear to get himself the job. Common practice, really. He coulda STILL PLAYED HIMSELF into a starting role throughout the season and coerced the coach through his actual play. If the team was better with him on the floor, and teams want to win, he'd be considered.

Like when Iverson joined the Grizzlies. He said he'd come off the bench telling them what they wanted to hear. Then changed his tune once he joined....but at least he didnt ruin his chance in the interview, he got himself into the door FIRST.