1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

T-mac says knee feels 99%...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mjharleem22, Sep 25, 2009.

1. vince

vince Member

My problem with T-Mac is that he always knows how to say the right thing.

I would not be surprised if he went into politics after his playing days are over. Because without fail, he promises you the moon. He to me is like the boy who cried wolf. After a while, what he says loses are meaning.

2. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

[​IMG]

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Then why make a thread about it?

4. reupdadj1

reupdadj1 Member

Stop hating on T-Mac please everybody. Everybody body isn't the same. Dude said he will be ready on the 28th and we need to go out to the games and support him and the rest of the team. You guys put to much confidence in these players and when they have a down year or two then its off w/ there heads...CALM DOWN!!!!

Oh Yeah 3 things to mark on your calender for October 6th:

1. New Kiss Album " Sonic Boom "

2. NBA 2K10

3.Watch the Rockets Vs. Spurs

:cool: :cool: :cool:

5. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Good to hear. Reminds me of a saying we have around our office though.

"I'm almost 99% done."

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i think u misunderstood my statement. I mean that all those people probably are telling him good things day to day and that is the reason why tmac felt comfortable enough to throw out that percentage, of course along with his own assessment of how his knee feels...

7. OpportunityCost

I am confident in Tmac's ability to talk the talk. It's the other half of that phrase I am not so confident in him with.

8. mFt82

mFt82 Member

9. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I've said something a few months ago way before this updates. Tracy will be there at the start, he's doing a lot of extra work,_nd he will be there. I talked to my guy last week and he said tracy was doing dunk contest type stuff, running full blast and pulling up on a dime, and just moving very,very good.

1 person likes this.
  10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Rockets said not too long ago that they think he'd be back January/February. Were they just trying to lower expectations or what?

11. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Of course yes. You never know with McGrady, you know what I mean? They knew he is gonna be there at full speed by training camp but why say that to the media?

Anything can happen. It is just safe to shut up and wait. Good move, though.

12. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Pretty much. They're treading with caution, but there is no way he won't be there for the start. I don't know why the info is coming out different.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i dont think they really thought he'd be back by day one, but i think they knew new years was worst case scenario and therefore not likely. I think morey would have echoed tmac's timeline sooner, but i think Morey wanted to see the progress live, and it wasnt until he went out there to chicago that he finally admitted he'd be back a lot earlier.

I dont think it was about lowering expecations, but rather not have this whole "trade tmac he has no heart" talk start over again, you know, just incase tmac actually stuck around..just a way to keep fans from turning their back on tmac completely.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It will be interesting to see what happens, but I would bet the Rockets want TMac back after the season starts...just to be sure.....

But Tmac may want to come back sooner.

DD

15. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

On Skillzlab Facebook, it says:

"Tracy McGrady reports to Rockets training camp next week. It might feel like vacation after the way he spent his offseason. T-Mac is back!"

16. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

agree 99%

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

well that sounds more like tmac is actually starting training camp and not just dropping by for media day...im guessing the staff will still bring him along slowly at first, but i kind of have to agree that it may actually feel easy for him physically because teams don't usually incorporate what he's been doing with Grover.

18. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

99%= Not 100%

You know how all antibacterial sprays kill 99% of bacteria? Well I want one that kills just that 1% left, In fact I want a study done on that 1% of bacteria just to learn why the hell it can't be killed like the other 99%!!

19. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Major props to you lee - you've been on the money on this from the start.

BTW, "dunk contest type stuff"? :eek:

20. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I do hope Tracy comes back soon and strong. I like what he's saying, but he still needs to prove it.

Right now I'm Ronald Reagan and he's the Soviet Union... Trust, but verify.