1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-mac says knee feels 99%...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mjharleem22, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Tmac is a man of his word. If he says it's 99% then it is.

*I'm laughing so hard right now*

2. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

agree 100%

3. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

Why choose.

Start Brooks McGrady Ariza Battier and Scola --

Bring Anderson off the bench...

:)

4. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Well, that's what i don't like about this thread. It is not like he said it officially. Last year or in the past he would have said it with no hesitation but I think he has learned his lesson.

A fan asked him a question with no media so he answered. It is not a statemant, officlal statement,

5. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

i dont understand how anyone, including doctors, can put a percentage on something like this. so difficult to gauge. today he could feel great, but be sore as hell next week.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

he's been working out regularly for a while now. I dont think he's just throwing out percentages out there without taking his rehab as a whole into consideration. I'm assuming he's put his knee through workout and he feels it's good AND it hasn't been swelling up or in pain on and off..otherwise that would not mean a knee is anywhere close to 99%..

Personally, i still think he's going to come out and prove everyone wrong. Remember this isn't tmac and wayne hall doing workouts at tmac's house and evaluating the injury on their own for the most part, . This is Tmac, tim grover, the PT, and all the staff at attack athletics gym that deal with tmac, like the massage therapists, assitants, etc. There's more people involved and he's gotta be getting professional positive feedback from them for him to even begin to consider declaring himself close to 100%.

7. spaceage808

spaceage808 Member

i want to believe in tmac i really do. i remember him saying he felt fine last year up until the rumors of us trading him surfaced....

i wish him the best, not because i like the guy. but for what he can do for our team.

8. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

i agree he has to many ppl working with him for him to just throw percentages out there. But just REMEMBER ppl dont make to big of a deal out of this, t-mac is not either otherwise he would have told any news broadcasts that his knee is where it is at right now. Rememebr he isnt running his mouth off, he just answered a question

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What are we supposed to make out of it? You're right, we shouldn't make a big deal out of it. Because it tells us nothing.

Until he starts taking part in real practices, and starts playing real NBA games for a good stretch of games, he's not going to know how good his knee is and neither will we.

10. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

i dont believe that. i think it delt more with how he played out on the court. i think he lost his confidence. With that he was playing hurt. But this is a differenmt story from last year. T-mac didnt take 2 weeks off to improve the knee, he took 2 weeks off to condition himself. he stated that he was stronger, but not that his knee was anywhere close to being 100%
    This offseason t-mac has fixed his shoulder as well, and training under the supervisor of tim grover(along with his crew) and he is close enough to where his doctor can check up on him on a daily basis. This is the best way for t-mac to get himself back.

11. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

yea i know, but i dont wont ppl bashing the guy for a simple question he answered

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

For Mcgrady, a lot of it is in between his ears.

I'm glad that he thinks he's ready. Lets go Rockets!

13. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

Exactamundo! You are what you do not what you say.

14. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

And watch most NBA centers go for 40? Who is playing center in your proposed starting lineup?

16. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Great, I can already hear Sean and John revving up their Dr. T-Mac takes.

17. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

I'm at the point with T-Mac and his rehab where I won't believe it until I see it on the court with my own two eyes.

18. onreego

onreego Member

hilarious...

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

first 10 games after the All Star break.

20. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

I agree that his lineup is lame but most NBA centers in today's game can't go "off" for 40 while being guarded by a parking meter.