1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-MAC Says "He's Tired" ... Blames Team mates

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketman2000, Mar 19, 2008.

1. colin2008

colin2008 Member

Rock must keep united!

2. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

You know you did something wrong when you make Pryuen defend Tmac! FESS UP!!

3. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

Well, I did. I have to find the thread when I said McLazy.

I love Tmac, but let's be objective:
    - The players with true hearts are Battier & Scola
    - The player with true talent is TMac

Yao has both, but that's irrelevant now that he is out.

Like I said last week, McLazy will play great (passing, defense, etc.) when his shots are falling. Otherwise, he would become McGrumpy and give up easily ... yeah, easily.

4. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Dont you just hate it? During the successful streak. Its because everyone is playing well not just Tmac. Hes not mvp. Then when we finally lose 1 game out of 22 its ALL CUZ OF TMAC!!

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tracy was getting chatted up for MVP a few days ago, it goes both ways....

6. Rocketman2000

Rocketman2000 Contributing Member

Shady... how is this bandwagon. Cause I call it like I see it? If this board is only for saying how much of a man crush some posters have for the players then maybe you guys should hug and do each other's hair. :)

Look, I credit McGrady big time for this 22 win streak. But it wasn't all McGrady ... Scola, Skip, Landry, Shane, and Co all played out of their minds.

And by the way, T-Mac also had a poor LA game as well. How many times have you seen Dream or Yao take two games off like that?

7. tsunami

tsunami Member

what's your point? pryuen is a Yao fan, but he's not a TMAC hater.

8. bbjai

bbjai Member

As far as Im concerned he didn't get the opportunity to get his shots off. Im happy for him to keep passing it out to the open man because thats what basketball is about. Or would you rather he put up a Kobe 11-30 shot selection up and go oh wait his not lazy his just a ball hog.

9. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

uhh lets see Bucks game and then follow by the Timberwolves game, hmm

10. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

LMAO, I don't care what you say about defending old Rockets: You are NOT a Rockets fan.

11. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Never said he was. Pryuen is the voice of reason.

12. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

alright...to make up from all the negativity (and since I can't edit my post), let's turn this into a _allas bash thread..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

This is a dumb thread, especially from a "contributing member".

14. bbjai

bbjai Member

I've seen Yao take two games off, he had quite a few earlier in the season. You don't see a million posts going to blame Yao for his bad game. Its objective I like both players equally but fans obviously just love to bash Mcgrady instead.

15. mzymmm

mzymmm Rookie

I think person who create this thread should be banned. This article said nothing abuot Tmac saying he was tired after this game nor did he blame his teammates.

16. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

I'm sure Mcgrady will be the first to take the blame......though he usually always comes out with an excuse.....so I don't know.

I'm surprised at how many of you are in love with this guy…. I know you gotta live and die with your team, but that doesn’t mean fans can’t be critical. I get hated on based on my negative opinions on T-Back, but isn’t that what a fan site is all about, sharing your opinion on the team. People need to stop bashing posters who have different opinions, if everyone thought the same way this site would be boring…….

I’ve been consistent on my hating on T-back, so you can't say I'm a wagon jumper :D . In my opinion we are never going to win a title with T-back on this team. He's still a superior player, but he's just not consistent nor dominant……. he's become too streaky and injury prone. Hope I'm wrong though cause I know we are stuck with this guy,

17. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

so you never saw superstars w/ 2 off games in a row? yao is a superstar and he has had quite a few off-stretches this yr alone.

in 2 straight games in november, he had 2 games of 14 and 12 pts
    in 2 straight games in december, he had 2 games of 15 and 12 pts
    and yao struggled during that road trip to start february when tmac came back.

PEOPLE ARE HUMAN. i don't have the boxscores to show you but hakeem did struggle for stretches too.

tmac played bad. let it go. cheer on the team to see if they can respond.

18. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

There are times T-Mac frustrates me, too. But "calling it like you see it" and creating a thread with this title, are two different things. Go ahead and blame McGrady, I can't defend him too much tonight.

T-Mac had a poor LA game and we still won because he trusted his team and they came through. Tonight they didn't. He's struggling for whatever reason, tired, in a slump, whatever. Maybe he can't just turn it on right now? He might need a rest. Call him soft or whatever, but it might be the case. He's had his big games.

And if you think this is all T-Mac's fault, and the Rockets fault, and not crediting the defense of the Celtics as well as the fact that they are the best team in the league and that they don't match up with us the way we like...

that's pretty bandwagon-er ish.

19. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

I don't want to keep bashing Tmac or I'll be labeled Tmac hater. ;)

But the point is he was lethargic on other aspects of his game. He got burnt on defense multiple times, and pretty much was the first to give up on the game (hard to quantify, but you can see it from his body language).

That said, hope the team can regroup and get rolling again. I am nervous they will start letting down. Four losses are we could be out on the street early.

20. mzymmm

mzymmm Rookie

You can be critical about his performance. But you don't have to manipulate the orginal article and makes Tmac sounds like a quitter and blamed on his teammates. He maybe is such a person, but this article had said nothing of such. Your action is calling flaming. And you should be banned.